It's funny......

stjohnjulie

PF Addict
Aug 9, 2010
St. John, VI
But after being away on vacation, and a battle with my computer, I'm having a hard time getting back into the forums. I feel so disconnected after a few weeks off. Is it me, or does it seem like not a lot of posting is going on? Are we too busy? Uninspired? Or is everyone just going through a great period of great calm with not a lot of bad stuff or a lot of good stuff happening???

I know I am feeling a bit tense. Luca is away, I have lots of work to do, and I've been struggling with the recent death of a couple of friends. I feel out of sorts.

singledad

PF Addict
Oct 26, 2009
South Africa
Glad you're back, Julie :) I dunno about the forum - I guess it is rather quiet, apart from the old spanking debate, that is.

stjohnjulie said:
I know I am feeling a bit tense. Luca is away, I have lots of work to do, and I've been struggling with the recent death of a couple of friends. I feel out of sorts.
I'm sorry about the loss of your friends. Death is always hard to deal with :(. And I bet missing your kid doesn't make it any easier... I hope you can find peace soon.

Xero

PF Deity
Mar 20, 2008
PA
It's been a little quiet. I know I've had my hands tied a lot haha. I've missed you though Julie! :)

stjohnjulie

PF Addict
Aug 9, 2010
St. John, VI
:) Awww, you guys are sweet! I have been in a funk since my one friend died. Death, it's such an odd feeling to deal with. It's part of our human experience, yet it is so difficult to deal with. I do you that you cry for the living, not the dead... but that doesn't make it any easier. My friend, who was 32, married, with a 4 year old and a baby due this month, fell down the stairs and likely broke his neck. He is one of the owners of my favorite restaurant and he was at the top of it all..... just so sad. Just like that, he is gone.

I don't know if you guys remember, but after Ilo was born, I was having a lot of fear and anxiety about stairs.... it was pretty crazy, and I am not as fearful now as I was in the beginning, but this has brought back a lot of that fear. I realize that this fear and anxiety I was having was how postpartum depression was manifesting for me. I guess knowing what it is helps some. At least I know where the feelings are coming from. Hormones are a crazy thing!!!

singledad...I figured the spanking debate got a lot of action! I have been avoiding that thread :) It's a topic people seem to feel very strong about. Not sure if I'm up to it!

Thanks guys, you made me smile this morning :) :)

Xero

PF Deity
Mar 20, 2008
PA
Omg that is so sad Julie. :( I am so sorry for your friend and his wife and kids, and sad for you for losing him. How heartbreaking. :( Recently my best friend's dad passed away. She's only 22 so it was really sudden and somewhat unexpected for them, and its hitting her really hard. I am very sad over the news too and have been crying with her because I hurt for her, and I guess its just somewhat of an impact for me because I grew up hanging out at the guy's house with his kids, being around him and knowing him, you know? I've been so sad for her/them for the past little while.

I am scared of everything though, I don't blame you one bit about the stairs. They are dangerous. An aquaintance of mine who is just a couple years older than me (mid twenties) was married, and his wife fell down some stairs not quite a year ago. She was in critical condition and on life support for quite a while, and they said if she ever came out of it she would be a vegetable anyway, so he had to make the decision for them to take her off of it. Just awful, heartbreaking. Everything scares me, seriously.

Antoinette

PF Addict
Mar 2, 2010
Australia
i have been away too, i have made a couple of appearances but haven't really been bothered lol i just don't have the motivation to make replies with any sense to them lol..... and like you i dont want to get involved with the spanking debate.

i also am sorry about your friend :(
*Hugs*

IADad

Super Moderator
Feb 23, 2009
Iowa
So good to see you Julie, I had noticed thatt you weren't posting regualrly as you had. Hope things are going better for you.

I think things here go in cycles. There are fun times when things are fresh and relevant and other times when it seems so stale and repetitive.

I'd just enncourage you all to post something, that's the way to spark some new conversation and get things rolling.

Antoinette

PF Addict
Mar 2, 2010
Australia
i try to keep posting but there is literally nothing interesting or controversial going on in my life at all. I'm happy which in forum terms is boring lol. Felix is sleeping properly Alegra is an angel as always and David and i are getting along lol Tim and i are also doing great so nothing happening here at all

stjohnjulie

PF Addict
Aug 9, 2010
St. John, VI
I kind of wish my life was boring!! Well, not really I guess, but I'm feeling a lot of pressure from a lot of different angles right now. Starting to settle with the death of my friends, not so anxious about it anymore. I have to remember to pull it back and take it one day at a time. When I start to look too far out into the future I tend to overwhelm myself. I also have something I'd love to talk about with all of you, but it's not something I'd want the other 'person' to ever come across. So I am going to have to keep my mouth (keyboard) shut on this one unless there becomes a private section or something. I don't even feel comfortable putting it in the family album area. 200 posts to get there...well, this person has the time to get to that quickly if they chose to. Anywho! I'm starting to get back into the forums :) I don't have to go to work until 8am now, give me a little extra time. THANKS GUYS!!! you are all so nice, I appreciate the boost!

IADad

Super Moderator
Feb 23, 2009
Iowa
stjohnjulie said:
I kind of wish my life was boring!! Well, not really I guess, but I'm feeling a lot of pressure from a lot of different angles right now. Starting to settle with the death of my friends, not so anxious about it anymore. I have to remember to pull it back and take it one day at a time. When I start to look too far out into the future I tend to overwhelm myself. I also have something I'd love to talk about with all of you, but it's not something I'd want the other 'person' to ever come across. So I am going to have to keep my mouth (keyboard) shut on this one unless there becomes a private section or something. I don't even feel comfortable putting it in the family album area. 200 posts to get there...well, this person has the time to get to that quickly if they chose to. Anywho! I'm starting to get back into the forums :) I don't have to go to work until 8am now, give me a little extra time. THANKS GUYS!!! you are all so nice, I appreciate the boost!
Sorry you're struggling, but glad you seem to be pulling through. One suggestion on if you want to "talk." You could PM a group. Just put the usernames separated by semi-colons. Not saying you should or need to do it, just saying you could and that would ba a way to control who sees. You can even BCC the list so everyone doesn't know who is included/excluded from the distribution.

Always good to see you post and always willing to lend a hand (or ear) if I can.

stjohnjulie

PF Addict
Aug 9, 2010
St. John, VI
Thanks IADad...or as I like to call ya, I-a-Dad. I never thought of doing that, and I might have to hit you guys up on that. I will be fine. My life is pretty awesome and I feel silly even complaining :)

IADad

Super Moderator
Feb 23, 2009
Iowa
stjohnjulie said:
Thanks IADad...or as I like to call ya, I-a-Dad. I never thought of doing that, and I might have to hit you guys up on that. I will be fine. My life is pretty awesome and I feel silly even complaining :)
always willing to lend an ear and/or offer up a contsructive thought

Xero

PF Deity
Mar 20, 2008
PA
Definitely feel free to do the PM thing. :) I would like to have a private area too, that takes maybe more like 500 posts to get into.

IADad

Super Moderator
Feb 23, 2009
Iowa
yeah, i'd kinda like that too, but is there a danger? If there was a place that veterans could post to, would we all post there and stop reading and posting the other forums? Consider....

superman

PF Fiend
Aug 23, 2010
Canada
IADad said:
yeah, i'd kinda like that too, but is there a danger? If there was a place that veterans could post to, would we all post there and stop reading and posting the other forums? Consider....
Yeah, but its not necessarily a bad thing