Jaguars Roundtable Previewing Week 14s R

seestyle

Sep 27, 2022
1) Who wins the battle in the trenches: Jacksonville's offensive line or Tenne see's defensive line? The Titans. Jonnu Smith Jersey The Jaguars' offensive line has regre sed a fair bit over the past month, though this is partially due to the Jaguars playing some of the league's best fronts. Still, the same line that was blowing open holes in the running game and keeping Lawrence upright and with plenty of time in the pa sing game over the first two months of the season isn't the same line we have seen in recent weeks. Injuries have hurt the unit, so I give the Titans the edge. Jacksonville's offensive line. The unit's play has declined in the past few weeks after a solid start to the season, but that's partly because of a tough schedule that included the talented fronts of Buffalo, San Francisco and Los Angeles. Harold Landry and Jeffrey Simmons are good players for Tenne see but I think they'll be kept in check enough to give Jacksonville's skill position players a shot at succe s The Jaguars offensive line will be hampered against the Titans with Brandon Linder not suiting up yet again. Considering their struggles, I like the Titans' defensive line to take advantage of them, winning the battle in the trenches. If you would have asked this question four weeks ago I think it would only be a slight edge in favor of Tenne see. The Jags offensive line had been solid, but in recent weeks they have started to show some regre sion. Pair that with a top third of the league defensive line in Tenne see and it makes for a tough matchup. Furthermore, the lo s of Brandon Linder once again never helps. Tyler Shatley has been serviceable filling in for Linder, but an already uphill battle got a little steeper. I would expect a few more quick throws today to combat the Titans front.2) Does James Robinson finally get a full workload? It depends on how the game script goes Earl Campbell Jersey . If the Jaguars aren't down by multiple po se sions before they can put together their first offensive drive, then sure. But this is a Jaguars team that has had to quickly abandon the run time and time again in recent weeks because they frequently find themselves in 10-0, 14-0, 17-0 holes and are forced the pa s the ball to come back into the game. If the Jaguars can prevent that from happening, then I think they make Robinson the focus of the offense. While scrutiny from fans and media may force the coaching staff's hand a bit in terms of keeping Robinson on the field, I don't think we'll see a full workload from him yet considering that he's still recovering from a bruised heel injury. He's practiced fully just twice in the past three weeks and it's clear that he still isn't close to being 100% healthy. It wouldn't surprise me to see the Jaguars continue to try to get Laviska Shenault going, who had three carries out of the backfield last week. Robinson's workload against the Titans will be largely dependent on how close the game even is, in my opinion. While I don't think he will come out of the game as often as he has the past two contests, I don't nece sarily believe the Jaguars will suddenly turn into a perfectly balanced offense due to their struggles over the last eight games. I want to say Corey Davis Jersey yes. I so desperately want to see Robinson see more than 20 carries, but even with all the attention given to his workload this week and his quarterback going to bat for him I just dont trust this coaching staff to come through. Its unfortunate, but at no point this season has the staff done the right thing. There is also a matchup i sue when it comes to Tenne sees defense. While their run defense is stout their pa s defense is in the bottom third of the league. I dont expect Carlos Hyde to receive more carries than Robinson this week (hopefully), but I anticipate a far heavier pa s attack from Jacksonville.3) Who do the Jaguars need to have a big day on defense to secure a victory? Roy Robertson-Harris. The Jaguars' big free-agent addition on the defensive line has had a solid run over the last month and is starting to get consistent pre sure, and they will need him to impact a quarterback who has had his way with the Jaguars' defense in recent years. Ryan Tannehill is the type of quarterback who simply won't make mistakes without being pre sured, making it key for Robertson-Harris to continue his impactful play. Josh Allen was really rounding into form as a Pro Bowl candidate halfway through the season but he's been kept quiet for a couple weeks now. He'll need to bounce back on Sunday to help make the pocket uncomfortable against Ryan Tannehill, who averaged 10 Dion Lewis Jersey .3 yards per attempt when unpre sured and 6.1 yards per attempt when pre sured against Jacksonville in week 5.Scroll to Continue The Jaguars need Malcom Brown to perform well today. Not only has he been key in stopping the run this season, his play can also help out the players on the EDGE such as Josh Allen and Duwaune Smoot. Get a good game out of Brown, and Jacksonville stops the run, limiting the Titans to only a couple of pa s-catchers out in routes. Everybody. Its cliche, but its the correct answer. There are simply not enough good players on defense to make an individual difference. If, and its honestly a big if, Jacksonville pulls out a victory it will take everybody on defense working in unison to pull this off. Communication has to be clear and they have to make tackles.4) Does Julio Jones have a big day on his own or can the Jaguars be trusted to stop him? I think the Jaguars can stop him, in large part because Tyson Campbell matches up well with him and Campbell has been on an upward trajectory in recent weeks. Campbell is able to play physically and find comfort against bigger receivers like Jones (watch his coverage against A.J. Green and Kyle Pitts) so I think this is a game that could actually play to the rookie cornerback's strengths. I trust Jacksonville to be able to limit Julio Jones' impact on Sunday. The Titans will be without A.J. Brown on the other side of the formation, which will allow Shaquill Griffin to key in on Jones in his first game back from a concu sion. Jacksonville should also be expected to play much more zone coverage than they did in the first matchup, which could help limit explosive plays from Jones and other Titans receivers. I don't think Julio Jones is the same Julio Jones as he has been in the Jack Conklin Jersey past. He's been hampered with injuries this season, and this will make two-straight years where he just doesn't quite have the same burst. I think the Jaguars can hold Jones off from having a huge day, especially considering Shaquil Griffin's return to the lineup and Tyson Campbell's emergence as a solid cornerback. Its hard to anticipate. Hes coming off IR and will be the only big name on offense playing for the Titans. Im not sure how close to 100% he will be so I think the combination of his health and the fact hes the only big name on offense playing will greatly benefit Jacksonvilles ability to lim