Just because......

musicmom

PF Visionary
Dec 4, 2007
My mind goes to different places so here's what I was thinking this morning.

If they did find a way to make another planet habitable would you leave earth?

I wonder how they would work green cards then?

How would we have an "earth patrol"?

*I need a DMD something bad* (dt mountain dew)

Amber

PF Addict
Feb 8, 2008
Knoxville, TN
If they had lower gas prices, lower food prices, less crime and less stupid people, I would pack my stuff in a heartbeat.

Good Wolf

PF Addict
Mar 11, 2008
TX
I imagine it would be inhabited by NASA, the rich, and the famous to begin with. I don't think green cards would be an issue because it isn't like we could just mosey on over to it.

We do have plans to launch shuttles from the space station so that we can use nuclear reactors. We can't risk blowing up Florida trying to do so on Earth. If we manage to do those we can then create way station that will allow us to further and further into space possibly eventually finding a plant that is inhabitable without the need for terraforming or bio domes.

Music-dad

PF Addict
Apr 22, 2008
Right here. Right now.
If ya need me....I'll be on Mars.

Imagine the long distance charges!

I think it would end up like Lucas showed us in Star Wars, representatives from each inhabited planet, maybe not Monsterous looking, but they're politicians, so same deal.

<I>"So....who's been to Uranus?"</I>

I would totally go anywhere I could afford to. Jupiter looks cool. But I would love to sit on the moon and stare at Earth, that seems really cool to me.

Sirk

Your Forum Mom
Apr 1, 2008
I'm an evil zionist. So no.

And I don't even like airplanes so they would have to knock my tush out to get me in space!
Ya'll can go. Will make prices cheaper here for me.

Music-dad

PF Addict
Apr 22, 2008
Right here. Right now.
Sirk said:
I'm an evil zionist. So no.

And I don't even like airplanes so they would have to knock my tush out to get me in space!
Ya'll can go. Will make prices cheaper here for me.
Haha, once your into anti-gravity, crashing doesn't really seem like an issue.

:)

musicmom

PF Visionary
Dec 4, 2007
Good Wolf said:
I imagine it would be inhabited by NASA, the rich, and the famous to begin with. I don't think green cards would be an issue because it isn't like we could just mosey on over to it.

We do have plans to launch shuttles from the space station so that we can use nuclear reactors. We can't risk blowing up Florida trying to do so on Earth. If we manage to do those we can then create way station that will allow us to further and further into space possibly eventually finding a plant that is inhabitable without the need for terraforming or bio domes.
Of all the states...you're going to talk about Florida? *hanging rebel flag*

musicmom

PF Visionary
Dec 4, 2007
My ps (pond scum) lives right by Cape Canceral. I think they should do it in the middle of quam. Just to be on the safe side....or Cuba. Those poor people get hit with every flippen hurricane. I feel bad for them.

Good Wolf

PF Addict
Mar 11, 2008
TX
Houston is about a five hour drive south of us. We live about twenty minutes outside of Dallas.

Wylie is a small town but is growing very quickly. They had 110% growth last year and it looks like they are going to top that this year. It kind of sucks but I guess we can always move further North or East when it gets too crowded.

Kaytee

PF Deity
Apr 9, 2007
Texas
Good Wolf said:
Houston is about a five hour drive south of us. We live about twenty minutes outside of Dallas.

Wylie is a small town but is growing very quickly. They had 110% growth last year and it looks like they are going to top that this year. It kind of sucks but I guess we can always move further North or East when it gets too crowded.
I'm in Mansfield

mmynedshlp

PF Enthusiast
May 27, 2008
I would stay here. Everyone came to the U.S looking for freedoms that are now again losts.
Though it would be good for a couple of generations of kids sooner or later the same habits and same ideals would make it to that planet too.

I would have to recieve a major sign or feeling to tell me it was destiny to move there.

musicmom

PF Visionary
Dec 4, 2007
I think we would eventually kill out our planet somehow. Bring new virus that earth could not fight off.
I won't go out of Florida let alone space.
Knowing my luck I'd be in the only shuttle that would blow up. Shut up Fooser (I already know what you are going to say)

Music-dad

PF Addict
Apr 22, 2008
Right here. Right now.
*looks up the lyrics to Spaceship Superstar*

<I>"Every night is a different flight to a different Galaxy, to play a sold out show and then I hit the road in my Starship Limosine"</I>

Oh ya, I am so there....