Kicking little sister!...

AnKsMommy

PF Fanatic
Dec 17, 2007
Japan
Alenya has been kicking Kaitlyn *now almost 10 months* whenever she wants her to leave her alone. Not in a mean way...but just scooting her away with the foot. I keep telling her not to do it and I just snapped today and smacked her foot and told her to stop. I don't spank so I felt so guilty. Alenya cried for a few minutes and I wanted to cry with her. I didn't hit her hard enough to leave a mark, I think it just shocked her. Ugh! I feel horrible!!!

WhoCares

Banned
Sep 7, 2008
You feel bad for Alenya being smacked on the foot (instead of the face how it has to be done) and don't feel bad for Kaitlyn being kickced?
Stop being so soft. If you older daughter hits (kicks, smacks, etc.) your younger daughter, both of them get the wrong message. alenya gets that she is allowed to kick her sister and you will only murmur for a while and shut up. Kaitlyn gets that it's right to be kicked by bigger people.
Next time Alenya kicks Kaitlyn, just go towards her, slap her FACE (not her foot) without telling her anything (she knows what has she done) and that won't repeat again. She will cry but she will also know she shouldn't kick people. Later you may talk to her about other ways to express her anger.

EDIT: I don't know how old is Alenya but looking from the photo on your avatar, she looks smart enough to understand a slap and smart enough not to pay attention to your murmuring.