kid getting sued over name use...

16th ave.

PF Addict
Jan 4, 2009
East Texas
Teen's charity name draws the McIre of McDonald's

i don't know where to put this and didn't want to "one up" the most recent post in the "general" category. its more important.

anywho, it got me b/c it looks like the big guys are picking on this kid. can they really do that????<EMOJI seq="1f615">:confused:</EMOJI> if they can, then why haven't they gone after katherine mcfee from american idol over the mcfeever stuff?
these people should be ashamed of themselves. that girl was at least doing something worth while with her time and trying to help others.

16th ave.

PF Addict
Jan 4, 2009
East Texas
&lt;r&gt;&lt;QUOTE author="Jeremy+3;94648"&gt;&lt;s&gt;
Jeremy+3 said:
&lt;/s&gt;She isn't a kid, she is 19 for goodness sake.&lt;e&gt;
&lt;/e&gt;&lt;/QUOTE&gt;
&lt;E&gt;<EMOJI seq="1f615">:confused:</EMOJI>&lt;/E&gt; what you mean?&lt;EMOJI seq="1f615"&gt;<EMOJI seq="1f615">:confused:</EMOJI>&lt;/EMOJI&gt;&lt;br/&gt;
&lt;br/&gt;
technically she isn't a minor. but a kid in how i intended the word to be used? (with no disrespect meant to her) yes.&lt;br/&gt;
&lt;br/&gt;
&lt;URL url="&lt;/s&gt;Kid - Definition and More from the Merriam-Webster Dictionary&lt;e&gt;&lt;/e&gt;&lt;/URL&gt;&lt;br/&gt;
&lt;B&gt;&lt;s&gt;&lt;/s&gt;3&lt;e&gt;&lt;/e&gt;&lt;/B&gt; &lt;B&gt;&lt;s&gt;&lt;/s&gt;:&lt;e&gt;&lt;/e&gt;&lt;/B&gt; a young person; &lt;I&gt;&lt;s&gt;<I>&lt;/s&gt;especially&lt;e&gt;</I>&lt;/e&gt;&lt;/I&gt; &lt;B&gt;&lt;s&gt;&lt;/s&gt;:&lt;e&gt;&lt;/e&gt;&lt;/B&gt; &lt;URL url="&lt;/s&gt;golf tour&lt;e&gt;&lt;/e&gt;&lt;/URL&gt;&gt; &lt;poor kid&gt;&lt;br/&gt;
&lt;E&gt;:p&lt;/E&gt;:rolleyes:&lt;/r&gt;

fallon

Super Moderator
Jul 19, 2007
Michigan
what they're doing to her is total crap! Poor kid was just trying to do something nice and McDonald's is way out of line as far as I'm concerned....and yes, she's a kid...not a child but a kid, a teen, a young person.

She isn't a kid, she is 19 for goodness sake.
Do you have any thoughts on the article or were you just trying to stir up an argument?

bssage

Super Moderator
Oct 20, 2008
Iowa
That's McRidiculous. It's not one of their McProtected words. How can you McClaim anything that starts with Mc? Look out Mr Hammer. They appear to be attacking a nice young Mclady who has decided to use her McTalents and McResources for good McDeeds. Niiice. Taking money away from the Special Olympics, nice.

Before I get completely carried away. I am a big fan of the Ronald McDonald house.

But they should embrace it. Even if it does identify or makes people think about their corp. Its a good and positive thought. Try using the McMuscle between your ears once and a while McDonalds.

I think they should go to court in Ireland.

Xero

PF Deity
Mar 20, 2008
PA
Jeremy+3 said:
She isn't a kid, she is 19 for goodness sake.
That's not even an opinion. If you don't have anything valuable to add to the conversation, then don't bother wasting a post just to be rude and pointless.

Anyway, that's completely ridiculous of McDonalds. They should be ashamed. Seriously, that makes them look really bad. Kinda stingy of them, isn't it? I feel bad for that girl, and I don't blame her for sticking to her guns. I wouldn't change the name either if I was her. She's doing a wonderful thing and they're just picking on her. McDonalds must be getting bored. :rolleyes:

bssage

Super Moderator
Oct 20, 2008
Iowa
It's McRidiculous McXero. And I really think we need to McStick to the McTheme of the McThread. We could get some really good McPR for McPF out of this. What do you think its doing for her McShow??

Xero

PF Deity
Mar 20, 2008
PA
Yes, its all completely McCrazy and super McSelfish. So... McYeah. &gt;.&gt;

IADad

Super Moderator
Feb 23, 2009
Iowa
ridiculous - if someone at McDonalds had stopped and thought a moment, perhaps the money spent on the legal challenge could have gone to come on board and become a major corporate sponsor. So, in the end they've spent money and gotten bad press and forced the event to sqaunder charity money, very short-sighted....and lawyers wonder why they have a negative reputation...