kids say the darnedest things...

MomoJA

PF Fiend
Feb 18, 2011
IADad said:
as family lore goes, my sister apparently did that with my dad. She "fell asleep" in the car, and he carefully carried her in, in the darrk, up the stairs, to her room and once there she jumped down and said "thanks dad!" It was the last time she was carried from the car...
Now that's adorable.

trryan5

Jun 30, 2011
Las Vegas, NV
When my niece was two, my mother used to keep Hershey's miniatures in a glass jar on top of the refrigerator. One day my niece pointed to the jar and said "Grandma, I want that." Grandma replied, "You don't want that, that's junk." My niece shot back "I want a junk!" She continued to refer to them as "junk" for about two years before she realized it wasn't the real name for them.

RiversDad

Jul 6, 2011
Our daughter River's first word: "yellow"

For a day she just wandered the house saying "yellow" and finding all the yellow things and putting them together!

River's Dad

ginalfish

Jul 7, 2011
My thirteen month old was hanging out in the bathroom while I took a bath. Keep in mind that I breastfed him for twelve months, but we never had a word other than "nurse" or "milk." We never had words like "boo juice" or "ta-ta" or any of that kind of thing. Anyway, as I was in the bath, he pointed to my breast and said, "chi-chi. chi-chi" which my husband later informed me was a valid word for said body part in Spanish. So weird that my baby said that!

IADad

Super Moderator
Feb 23, 2009
Iowa
ginalfish said:
My thirteen month old was hanging out in the bathroom while I took a bath. Keep in mind that I breastfed him for twelve months, but we never had a word other than "nurse" or "milk." We never had words like "boo juice" or "ta-ta" or any of that kind of thing. Anyway, as I was in the bath, he pointed to my breast and said, "chi-chi. chi-chi" which my husband later informed me was a valid word for said body part in Spanish. So weird that my baby said that!
So...the restaurant chain is roughly the spanish language equivalent to "Hooters"....never knew...

joles

Jul 8, 2011
My son once pooped on the floor (this was during the early stages of naked potty training), and he asked for a treat. My husband and I still crack up about that!

chelbelle

Jul 9, 2011
United Kingdom
My 4 year old was so sweet, I was having a tough day and feeling quite low, not enough sleep, too much to do, you know how it is - anyway, I was sat on the sofa thinking what a rubbish day I was having and he glanced over, smiled, ran over and climbed on my lap and said 'there there mummy it's going to be alright'. Argh, I nearly cried. Amazing how tuned in he was with how I was feeling. Needless to say it did put a smile on my face! :)

DadAtHome

Jul 8, 2011
US
I remember when my youngest boy was just learning to talk (basically copying everything everyone said). We were walking through the supermarket and some teenager walked past saying the 'F' word....

My little boy decided to copy, shouting at the top of his lungs F*** F*** F*** for about 5 minutes solid!!. I couldnt get him to stop!!.

It was funny once we talked about it later, yet embarrassing at the time. People were walking past giving me dirty looks as if to say 'what kind of words are you teaching your kid?'...

MomoJA

PF Fiend
Feb 18, 2011
My daughter drank too much juice the other night as she was eating, and after a while began to feel the pain of overeating. She was rolling around moaning and finally decided she needed to pass gas. She said, "I need to toot, but I can't. Toot, self, toot."

omum

Jul 13, 2011
One of my friend's little ones turned round to his grandad and said "your breathe smells like poo". His mum was mortified but we all thought it was hilarious!

ElliottCarasDad

PF Addict
Sep 10, 2008
Iowa
My daughter was conversing with our 84 year old neighbor lady a few days ago and she asked DD about the bandage on her foot. It went something like this...

OL: "Awww, what did you do to your foot Cara?"
DD: "I step on a big dick!" (she meant stick)
OL: "Oh my!"

MomoJA

PF Fiend
Feb 18, 2011
ElliottCarasDad said:
My daughter was conversing with our 84 year old neighbor lady a few days ago and she asked DD about the bandage on her foot. It went something like this...

OL: "Awww, what did you do to your foot Cara?"
DD: "I step on a big dick!" (she meant stick)
OL: "Oh my!"
Oh my, indeed!! Too funny!

MomoJA

PF Fiend
Feb 18, 2011
My nephew scratched my daughter the other day. I caught her examining it today and commented, "You're checking out the scratch L gave you?" She responded, "Yeah, but he didn't give it to me. I didn't ask him for it."

They are so literal at this age.

MomoJA

PF Fiend
Feb 18, 2011
It's a sign of the times, I guess, but today my daughter told me that when she hears a song, her "brain downloads" it so she can hear it in her head later.

tobiusnc

Jul 21, 2011
When my oldest son was 2 I was driving him home from daycare and he was holding something out the window.
"Don't drop that because it will fall on the ground and that's littering."

"No daddy, that's gravity."

I totally lost it.

Also..
Right now when my 4 year old takes a break from something he says he's "putting it on pause"

IADad

Super Moderator
Feb 23, 2009
Iowa
too funny tob!

Funny how reading these tends to remind you of your own.

The other day, I had had my 4yo at home with me alone, and I was trying to get a bunch of stuff done and he had other plans, so it was frustrating. Well, I he and I were going to pick up his brother, and on the drive I told him, "You understand that I'm not real happy with you right now?" "Do you know why?" and he said "Yeah, I'm about to push you over the edge, or you're about to push me over the edge, something like that...." I couldn't help but smile.

MomoJA

PF Fiend
Feb 18, 2011
My daughter was having an imaginary conversation with her cousin.

My daughter: Hello, Cameron. How are you doing?
(pause)
Oh, I'm just here with my mom.
(pause)
Oh yes, I would love to. What are you having?
(pause)
Cheese gritz? Yumm. Can I come over? Oh, you already asked me to come over. Silly me.

The funniest part is that we haven't had cheese gritz in about 6 months or more, and never with Cameron.