LeapDay Baby turning 2

K3lls87

Feb 17, 2022
Pacific Northwest
Hello. Thank you for stopping in to read this. If you are at all stressed, which I am sure you likely are, take a deep breath and try to relax. Everything's gunna be okay.
My daughters turning 2 this yr. We are celebrating her on 27Sun with family. I am beyond happy and proud of this moment. I did it. My baby is turning too, and she is such a happy, healthy, active, smart, beautiful, funny, and strong. She has given me a sense of life where I once had none and for that gift alone I want to give her a good life; 🧡 happy+healthy+whole+loved ❤
The birthday theme is like a safari jungle and her birthday banner will read "Born 2 Be Wild", which is very fitting for her. She was climbing before crawling, walking, or running, so yeah...she is very active. Definitely keeps me busy and requires a set of eyes at almost all times. She reminds me a lot of myself as a kid. I had a lot of energy as well and played sports. I grew up in South Florida and because its nice year round, there was never a shortage of outside work to be done. I worked hard as a kid when I was asked by a grown up that mattered or needed to see the work through. I would always try to make a game out of any chore. I would race myself to do more and be better, faster then my siblings and hopefully catch the eye of my father. I was the oldest and just wanted to impress him and set a good example for my younger siblings. That was just the really heavy stressor during that time that probably turned into anxiety and addiction over time. Thats another writing for another day.
Anyways, back to my daughters birthday party.
I invited my daughters half sister and guardian (maternal mothers adopted mother(Grandma)) to the birthday party since it will be a small intimate gathering. I should mention that these sisters have never physically met or interacted bc of pandemic.
They aren't coming bc the grandmother still works and is the sole provider for this little girl. Neither of them are in a position to be getting sick. I understand, I really do and want to make other arrangements that the grandmother is more comfortable in but it still bothers me. After all this time, not 1 attempt by them to make arrangements and when I finally do say something, im shoy down. I want these girls to have a relationship. They are sisters. She is my daughters only sister. She is 11 and both of her parents are absent from her life. Im not going to force a relationship either, but I will always keep those lines of communication open. I have a duty to my daughter to protect her and keep her safe. And if you are reading those as being the samething, then we think and understand things very differently and maybe your feedback, is what I need. Protection and saftey for a person, animal, object, emotion, or whatever, are different. They are similar, but they are 2 entirely different ideas.
Anyways, um hung up on all this and I think about stuff like this all the time. Yeah, it's some heavy stuff. And there's more where that came from...lol...
Thank you for taking the time out of your day to read what I needed to share. I will be back to share whats on my mind and keeping me awake at night because I have no other outlet. And I need advice. Intelligent, wise, thoughtful, healthy advice.