List of teen parenting No-Nos...

aliinnc

PF Fanatic
Jan 10, 2008
Raleigh NC
What are the things you shouldn't do, as the parents of a teen? I mean the things that make you totally uncool, in the eyes of your kids.

I didn't do this, but I know a parent who did: when you go to the school dance to pick up your kid, never walk out onto the dance floor to find her.

Who's next?

musicmom

PF Visionary
Dec 4, 2007
Let them explore who they think they are. By not stopping them from writing grusome poems or by stopping the way they dress. Let them have their identity crisis all by themselves. It will define who they are.

jtee

Banned
Jun 24, 2007
It is not like I don't like Hannah Montana, it just I don't like listening to the same CD everytime we get in the car for the past 2 weeks :)

jtee

Banned
Jun 24, 2007
Don't beat them when playing Rock Band, Guitar Hero, or Dance Dance Revolution (DDR) and not let them know you think the old rock songs are cool.

AnKsMommy

PF Fanatic
Dec 17, 2007
Japan
Don't come out wearing pjs with footies *shudder* my mom did that to me with some friends over...grr....

UGH! And if you're a dad don't say things that you don't understand...I cringe whenever I think of my dad coming out and asking me "Who's your daddy..."

musicmom

PF Visionary
Dec 4, 2007
Ya'll don't know it but I am getting ammo to use on my kids! lol
On Halloween I went up to my kids school in those pj's dressed like a baby, make up and all and picked them up!!!!!!! The look on my son's face was priceless :) Now that's memories!

HappyMomma

PF Addict
Mar 7, 2008
Wylie, TX
jtee said:
Don't beat them when playing Rock Band, Guitar Hero, or Dance Dance Revolution (DDR) and not let them know you think the old rock songs are cool.
It'S OK, I don't think I could. We are Rock Band fiends, but those dang kids are GOOOOD!