Lolita Bed's...

judith_keffnet

Feb 3, 2008
Look, I would like to post this thread to all the stuck-up little cretins who think that when a company names a bed a fter a half-a-centuary old bed is a crime. Just beacause the story is about a digusting topic, the name may have come from some-where else, and frankly not that many people know about an old russian fairytale. I was born in Russia and I never heard of it. So, for all those stupid mothers with nothing better to do than go after a company who name a bed for 6-year olds and made a mistake, what kind of example are YOU giving your kids? -That you should go after everything that you think might suggest something bad. Arent we trying toteach our kids to have good life's and not be upthight assholes...

fallon

Super Moderator
Jul 19, 2007
Michigan
they had to recall a bed because so many parents complained that the bed style was called the Lolita bed

jtee

Banned
Jun 24, 2007
I'll have to do a search on this one. There has to be some marketing guiness behind this or extremely clueless people. It would be like the Cool-Aid company deciding come out with a new flavor called "Jim Jones" with the slogan "The last drink you'll ever need"

Kaytee

PF Deity
Apr 9, 2007
Texas
lol I don't get it myself. Ok why are you posting this on a parenting site that has NEVER mentioned anything about this product? Sounds like some people get a little worked up over nothing and others get worked up about other people. So calm down a bit.

musicmom

PF Visionary
Dec 4, 2007
I'd buy the bed if I liked it no matter what the name was called. I couldn't tell you the name of my bed. hahaha I have a few names I could call it (wink, wink)

fallon

Super Moderator
Jul 19, 2007
Michigan
Look, I would like to post this thread to all the stuck-up little cretins who think that when a company names a bed a fter a half-a-centuary old bed is a crime. Just beacause the story is about a digusting topic, the name may have come from some-where else, and frankly not that many people know about an old russian fairytale. I was born in Russia and I never heard of it. So, for all those stupid mothers with nothing better to do than go after a company who name a bed for 6-year olds and made a mistake, what kind of example are YOU giving your kids? -That you should go after everything that you think might suggest something bad. Arent we trying toteach our kids to have good life's and not be upthight assholes...

[/quote]
who exactly do you think you are? How is it that you think you can come to site (that has never mentioned this bed and most had no idea what you are even talking about) and start spouting off about this bed? What kind of example would say that is?

musicmom

PF Visionary
Dec 4, 2007
fallon said:
who exactly do you think you are? How is it that you think you can come to site (that has never mentioned this bed and most had no idea what you are even talking about) and start spouting off about this bed? What kind of example would say that is?
Uh oh, someone lit a match under Fallon's butt. :eek: Simmer down missy.;)

fallon

Super Moderator
Jul 19, 2007
Michigan
musicmom said:
Uh oh, someone lit a match under Fallon's butt. :eek: Simmer down missy.;)
I just think there are better ways to get your point across. People who just start calling names and throwing out accusations drive me crazy :mad: I agree it was stupid to have to recall the bed and all of that, and I think people over react to the dumbest things, but to just start ranting and calling names for no real reason...that's silly. Nobody will take you seriously that way. It would be a little different to reply that way to a big long thread about how horrible it is to name a bed "Lolita" but to just throw it out there like that is craziness...and rude

musicmom

PF Visionary
Dec 4, 2007
I hear ya. Maybe this person isn't familiar with how the internet works. It did seem a bit off.

Kaytee

PF Deity
Apr 9, 2007
Texas
no, I think they are worst then the weirdos that freak out about the name of a freakin bed!

fallon

Super Moderator
Jul 19, 2007
Michigan
but would you write the company nasty hate mail and make a huge stink about it? or would you just choose not to buy the bed?

Lissa

PF Visionary
Sep 12, 2007
fallon said:
but would you write the company nasty hate mail and make a huge stink about it? or would you just choose not to buy the bed?
Absolutely. :wink: