Make Believe...

Good Wolf

PF Addict
Mar 11, 2008
TX
Yep, she will be in the back seat all by herself and having a fine argument...with herself. So I turn around and say "you girls need to quit arguing." It always cracks her up.

fallon

Super Moderator
Jul 19, 2007
Michigan
Good Wolf said:
Yep, she will be in the back seat all by herself and having a fine argument...with herself. So I turn around and say "you girls need to quit arguing." It always cracks her up.
my daughter does the same thing, and she sings to herself a lot...especially when she's mad and Ryan and I. Her life is a musical most days...lol

Lissa

PF Visionary
Sep 12, 2007
fallon said:
my daughter does the same thing, and she sings to herself a lot...especially when she's mad and Ryan and I. Her life is a musical most days...lol
Oliver likes to bang his head on the floor. Apparently that's fun. It kind of worries me though. lol

Good Wolf

PF Addict
Mar 11, 2008
TX
fallon said:
Yep, when she isn't talking to her 'friends' she is a non-stop song bird in the car.

"Two turltled doves, three french hens, two turtled doves and a partridge in the pantry!!"

I keep telling her that would make four turtle doves but I guess she has creative rights on it.

HappyMomma

PF Addict
Mar 7, 2008
Wylie, TX
fallon said:
Yep, she's a big singer too.... alll the time. She's also big on making up her own words.

Lissa, seems like Dd went through a thing like that for a bit too. I was like "sheesh, doesn't that hurt? Why the heck is she doing that??... STOP IT."

Lissa

PF Visionary
Sep 12, 2007
HappyMomma said:
Lissa, seems like Dd went through a thing like that for a bit too. I was like "sheesh, doesn't that hurt? Why the heck is she doing that??... STOP IT."
He bangs it against the dryer too because it makes noise. Then sometimes he cries. lol

fallon

Super Moderator
Jul 19, 2007
Michigan
HappyMomma said:
Yep, she's a big singer too.... alll the time. She's also big on making up her own words.

My favorite made up word is "amn't"...as in "I amn't doing anything wrong" It's so funny we never corrected her, she started saying it at like 3 yrs old and still uses it...lol

Barbi.doll

PF Regular
Apr 4, 2008
Greater Toronto Area, Ontario
Oh, I'm laughing so hard, I don't know how well I will do on the typing here.

Faith, last year during hockey season, used to make us bring all the chairs to the dinner table because her imaginary hockey team would come for dinner.
And now, she has an imaginary brother, who of course is the one who makes all the messes and is to blame when anything goes wrong in the house.

And many times, I will respond to Faith when she's talking and she'll simply say "Mommy, I wasn't talk to you, I was talking to my brother".

I'd love to be preoccupied with my imaginary friends!

When did we loose that - our imaginary friends and that world of our own? I want mine back and damn whoever took it away from me! Roar!

Barbi.doll

PF Regular
Apr 4, 2008
Greater Toronto Area, Ontario
fallon said:
My favorite made up word is "amn't"...as in "I amn't doing anything wrong" It's so funny we never corrected her, she started saying it at like 3 yrs old and still uses it...lol
Well, even though it's a made up word, she has followed the rule

amn't - am not
aren't - are not
etc. etc. etc.

That's one smart cookie you got!:p

Shari Nielsen

PF Enthusiast
Jan 21, 2008
CT
I can't send my 6 yr old to her room for a punishment b/c she can amuse herself with something as simple as blanket fuzz!!!