Man arrested for biting stepson...

Ari2

PF Fiend
Jan 7, 2008
I can't tell you how many well-meaning people advocated this approach when my daughter was heavily into a biting phase - and she was barely over a year old:

From El Paso Times: Police say: Man arrested for biting stepson

A Las Cruces man was arrested by for biting his stepson after the boy did the same to a younger sibling, announced Las Cruces Police in a statement released Friday. Emmett G. McCrohan, 28, was arrested Thursday afternoon and charged with one count of intentional child abuse, a third-degree felony, said officials.

Las Cruces Police detectives said that McCrohan bit his stepson on the forearm hard enough to leave visible bruising.

According to officials, McCrohan told detectives that the 4-year-old bit a younger sibling three days earlier and he was trying to teach the boy a lesson on how much a bite hurts.

Skyburning

PF Fiend
Oct 6, 2007
Mississippi
Uh, lets for a second ignore the fact that this is so so wrong, but...if the kid bit his sibling THREE days before..why was the father just now biting this kid? That doesn't make sense.(I didn't read the article though, maybe it explains that)

musicmom

PF Visionary
Dec 4, 2007
Pretty much. But biting to wear you leave a mark is pretty hard. Where was he that he got caught? In a police station?

HappyMomma

PF Addict
Mar 7, 2008
Wylie, TX
Reminds me of spanking a child to teach them not to hit. sigh

Still yet, a felony seems extreme to me but I won't get on my soapbox right now about the backlash into overprotection of children. ;-)