Managing home videos...

amygentry

Dec 6, 2011
The whole idea behind iMovie was to allow you to edit the 'raw footage' which is what you get when you take a lot of video, into something that is watchable and worth sharing and keeping.

Most video footage is boring junk that should be deleted as quickly as possible.

You don't say if you have a Mac or PC, but the Mac makes this sort of things so easy that its worth buying one, even if you want to keep the PC for work and other boring stuff.

They're pretty cheap, these days, too. (Yes, I admit it, I'm a Mac girl! Deal with it!)

sonia124

Banned
Mar 1, 2012
Its a good thing.. you want to managing your home videos...... Bt you need to use Sony Vegas Pro. It have a bit of a learning curve but once you get used to it, it's absolutely amazing. I also use this camera's.....

BabyAngel

PF Fanatic
Feb 6, 2012
Deux-Montagnes, Quebec, Canada
Whatever you do, how ever you do it... ALWAYS have a backup... I have just had a problem with one of my external hard drives and I was very happy that all my pictures and movies were backed up on another drive ! I also once in a while bring a backup to my brother in law's place !! because you never know !

Alison1968

Apr 17, 2012
I find the video software that came with my MacBook Pro is excellent. It's easy to use, versatile and most important to me, intuative. Ok, so you have to have a Mac, but I bet a lot of people don't even realize it's there.

csdax

PF Enthusiast
May 5, 2012
Ontario, Canada
I'm in the middle of trying to find something to do this. I bought one a few years ago but had problems with it. I'm trying Windows Movie Maker, but it's very limited and I have to convert most of my files because it only works with certain file types, which is a real PITA. The whole process of 'doing something' with all the video files is so time-consuming! Who has that kind of time, when you have kids???

I'll be watching this thread for more ideas!