maybe the forum needs a chat room...

mmynedshlp

PF Enthusiast
May 27, 2008
I like fun just as mmuch as the next person, but when i am concerned about finding answers for my kids or something i dont want everyones personal chat getting in the way.

The mods from what I see here are just as bad and contribute to it just as much.

Everything here starts out on one subject and then goes way off totally off on another and if someones tried to get back on the subject they are totally ignored and the thread took on a whole new role of chit chat.

Some people here have totally taken over peoples threads. These people have enough posts to post a link to carry on thier convo in the general chat thread too but either that possiblility has not been brought up or no one here cares.
its kind of annoying going on a thread to see if the person got a good answer or if someone had something good to say just to find out some people were roleplaying back and forth about thier own personal joke.
I dont mind when they are still conversing with the thread starter but alot of times the thread starter gets pushed out of their own thread.

Tom stated he didnt want people wading through muck but it seems muck seems to be encouraged.

Sirk

Your Forum Mom
Apr 1, 2008
There's talk of an IRC channel down the line.

I agree it seems threads get chatty and off topic. I love that people want to talk. Take it to the general chat forum. Gentle reminders until it becomes habit. :)

Kaytee

PF Deity
Apr 9, 2007
Texas
we always try to keep it OT, but yes "try" is the word there. Its not always easy lol

Ari2

PF Fiend
Jan 7, 2008
Good post, Mmnedshlp. I'd give you good rep, but I have to spread it around a bit. :)

jrrsmom

PF Fiend
Nov 10, 2007
So I said something about this awhile ago and what's his head...the guy that owns the forums...was not so nice about it.

That's why I started the Randomness thread but it says that MM started it. Guess things got deleted or something.

musicmom

PF Visionary
Dec 4, 2007
IF we didn't talk on this board about other things this board would be dead. We talk about parenting issues but friendly as well.

Kaytee

PF Deity
Apr 9, 2007
Texas
nothing wrong wit hchatting about OT things, its more of keeping a thread about say "my child won't stop screaming" on topic and not dragging in that our car broke down or whatever. Ya know?

Sirk

Your Forum Mom
Apr 1, 2008
^^ yup. Time and place for everything.

If ya'll want a daily chatty/spam thread in the general forum, I won't tell you no.

Sirk

Your Forum Mom
Apr 1, 2008
jrrsmom said:
That's why I started the Randomness thread but it says that MM started it. Guess things got deleted or something.
This I like! You want something done, do it! :cool:

I took a look at it and some other posts were merged that came before your thread so it looks like someone else started it because they're the "first post".

And yeah, some posts were deleted. In a bad way. :rolleyes: But that issue has been taken care of.