Mental Health Needs...

StacyYork

May 19, 2012
Montana
Hi there,
I have a lot of children with mental health needs in my life and I'm wondering where you go for mental health resources on the internet? Are there specific site that you would recommend?
Thanks!

singledad

PF Addict
Oct 26, 2009
South Africa
What kind of mental health need, and how old are they? The needs of a per-schooler with ADHD is very different from an adolescent abuse survivor with PTSD...

conschofield

Jul 6, 2012
Love, security and acceptance should be at the heart of family life. Children need to know that your love does not depend on his or her accomplishments.
Mistakes and/or defeats should be expected and accepted. Confidence grows in a home that is full of unconditional love and affection.

StacyYork

May 19, 2012
Montana
Thanks for the comments. Singledad, I'm a mental health therapist and I work with children of all ages. I come from the thought that the parents of the child really are the expert of the child, I am just a consultant. i want to give parents resources that have been helpful for other parents. If you have any, I'd be pleased if you share so that I can pass them along. I have several from "inside the field," but what professionals find helpful is not always what parents find helpful. Thanks again!