More deep thought crap from BS...

bssage

Super Moderator
Oct 20, 2008
Iowa
I was working through some train issues with a manager I know(very nice guy) last night. He brought out some cookies and offered them to me saying his daughter made them. He then said that when his daughter is feeling good enough. She likes to bake for other people (she is 12). He said that she has Cystic Fibrosis and that she hadn't been getting around much lately. At that point he had to excuse himself from the room.

It just always makes me think.

No matter how bad we think we have it. There are other people who have it worse.

I dont know if it is just me but I seem to encounter this more and more. People who are at least as deserving as myself of a good life. With the control taken away. People who cant be reassured with "it will be OK" because it wont.

My point is:

Appreciate what you have.

fallon

Super Moderator
Jul 19, 2007
Michigan
love this post!!! So true. It's important to remember even when we think we have it worse than anyone else, we probably don't

mom2many

Super Moderator
Jul 3, 2008
melba, Idaho
bssage said:
I was working through some train issues with a manager I know(very nice guy) last night. He brought out some cookies and offered them to me saying his daughter made them. He then said that when his daughter is feeling good enough. She likes to bake for other people (she is 12). He said that she has Cystic Fibrosis and that she hadn't been getting around much lately. At that point he had to excuse himself from the room.

It just always makes me think.

No matter how bad we think we have it. There are other people who have it worse.

I dont know if it is just me but I seem to encounter this more and more. People who are at least as deserving as myself of a good life. With the control taken away. People who cant be reassured with "it will be OK" because it wont.

My point is:

Appreciate what you have.
I have this thought a lot, especially when I look at Ted, he will never have a "normal" life, his only goal for the last few years has been to graduate, it will happen a year later then all of his friends, but he tries so hard and it never seems like it is enough, but at the same time he never gives up. Everything for him is a struggle, and has been since he was born, just when we think we have one thing under control another thing pop's up....he says he's happy, I just hope he really is.

Xero

PF Deity
Mar 20, 2008
PA
I agree bssage... I've got tears in my eyes now. There is a local boy who has had his picture up at the bank with a thing for donations because he has had to get a heart transplant I think twice, and they needed to raise money for the second time. It was my bank, and I always tried to put something in the cup whenever I was there. It just broke my heart to look at his picture. He was only a baby, not even a year old. About 11 months. And he was smiling, and he looked so sweet. A baby that doesn't have a working heart... And he's still smiling. Its not fair that something so innocent should be in any pain.

Anyway... His parents brought him into my place of work a couple of months ago. I was blown away to see him in real life. They had him in a stroller. He was almost a year old, and he looked about 3 months old. He had tubes and wires hooked up to him and he looked all bent out of shape, and he had to have his shirt left open cause of the tubes in his chest and he had a huge nasty scar on his soft little baby chest. It was horrible. I visited with them for a moment, telling them that I had seen his picture and whatnot and asking them how he was doing, and he just gave me this perfect smile. And he looked so so terrible, but still smiled. I was so choked up. I told them goodbye and I struggled to stop crying for a couple of minutes. I had to go to the bathroom!! I guess its because I have a perfectly healthy beautiful child of my own and life just doesn't seem fair sometimes.

I really appreciate the things I have. And I agree that we have to stop and remember this as often as possible.

NinJaBob

PF Addict
Sep 29, 2008
Ohio
I need to remember that from time to time. Things have been a little rough for my family lately but It could be worse. Way worse.