mother throws 2 kids from overpass...

HappyMomma

PF Addict
Mar 7, 2008
Wylie, TX
I've been watching this story since yesterday... my mother lives only a few blocks from where this happened. So sad. :-(

Trina

PF Addict
Jun 10, 2007
CT
OMG! I hate to say it, but I think this may actually be a blessing in disguise for those boys.

HappyMomma

PF Addict
Mar 7, 2008
Wylie, TX
This is the part that kills me...

Phillips said Busby blamed her children for not being able to keep a boyfriend. She also complained she couldn't take care of her boys. For years, Busby and the children did not have stability, staying with her father, relatives or with Busby's occasional boyfriends.

Trina

PF Addict
Jun 10, 2007
CT
Lissa said:
I just can't imagine what was going through those poor boys' heads. :(
I know. Terrifying to realize your MOM is trying to kill you. My heart aches for them, and they'll be in my thoughts and prayers, however, I'm comforted knowing they will not be in her care any longer.

Lissa

PF Visionary
Sep 12, 2007
Trina said:
I know. Terrifying to realize your MOM is trying to kill you. My heart aches for them, and they'll be in my thoughts and prayers, however, I'm comforted knowing they will not be in her care any longer.
Thank God they won't be in her care anymore. Unfortunately, for the rest of their lives they have to live with knowing that their mother tried to kill them. I can imagine that they will be going through a lot of counseling.

Don't you wish you could just scoop these two boys up and hug them? :(

Trina

PF Addict
Jun 10, 2007
CT
Yes, I wish I could scoop them up, hug them, and erase all the bad things in their past. They will most definitely need a lot of counseling. Even then, I don't think they'll ever fully recover from that experience. :(

jtee

Banned
Jun 24, 2007
Does anyone know if this is related to PPD? I have heard of mothers doing such things because they suffer from a severe case of PPD.

Lissa

PF Visionary
Sep 12, 2007
PPD usually ends after a year so I doubt it. Some mothers have been known to become bipolar after having children so maybe that's it. Who knows. Obviously something is wrong mentally.

HappyMomma

PF Addict
Mar 7, 2008
Wylie, TX
jtee said:
Does anyone know if this is related to PPD? I have heard of mothers doing such things because they suffer from a severe case of PPD.
Unless there was a terminated pregnancy, I don't think so. The boys were 6 and 8.

We first heard about it on the traffic report on the radio on our commute to work and that was my first thought until I got to the office and found the news story on the internet.

jtee

Banned
Jun 24, 2007
Lissa said:
Obviously something is wrong mentally.
That is exactly how I see it. It would extremely rare for sane person to do this for some kind profit (ie life insurance) or any other reason that might make some kind of rational sense (even if we would never do it). Like most people, I could never even do such a thing to even an animal. Very very sad.

musicmom

PF Visionary
Dec 4, 2007
Yea I think that would be a hard one to swallow when you're older. Try explaining that to the grandchildren. God Bless em ^i^

gr8mom

PF Fanatic
Mar 1, 2008
Texas
Completely unbelievable, was she under the influence of any type of drug at the time? That might explain it if she isn't mentally imbalenced. (shudders) it's terrible! Hope both boys are going to be okay, can't say I wish the same for their mom though.

Kim

PF Fiend
Apr 3, 2007
St. Louis, MO
How terrible - I can't stand hearing stuff like this. It is awesome those kids are OK, but they have a long road ahead of them too, emotion-wise