Motherofboys...

IADad

Super Moderator
Feb 23, 2009
Iowa
FYI, I'm suspicious of Motherofboys...6 quick posts to post a video that's pretty dubious, supposed to be of tthe kids of a horrified mother, yet the video was posted 3 hours ago, no other videos on this "boys" supposed "Channel." And little bro, doesn't seem to be hating it much. The who thing smells of setup so that's why I baited her a little, just trying to give her enough rope to hang herself.

Dadu2004

PF Visionary
May 16, 2008
Cleveland, OH
I took care of one of them...headache I think. If they posting a video on their first opportunity, then it's likely nothing more than driving traffic to their channel. If they get enough views, they can get a sponsorship from YouTube and get cash.

IADad

Super Moderator
Feb 23, 2009
Iowa
ahh, so that's the game, I thought it was just bored kids home for the summer or something, I couldn't figure out a legit reason to ban them (even though every mod instinct told me I should.

cg stephen

Support Team
Feb 15, 2008
I got an email from headache asking why he was banned. I did look at the trail of posting and it does fit the profile of a spammer (5 quick replies and then a link). I haven't seen the link, so I don't know how to factor that in.

Spammers usually don't request an appeal, but I'll leave it up to the site to decide what his fate should be.

Maybe a conditional lift with no links for say, x number of posts?

Let me know so I can send him a reply.

mom2many

Super Moderator
Jul 3, 2008
melba, Idaho
IADad said:
ahh, so that's the game, I thought it was just bored kids home for the summer or something, I couldn't figure out a legit reason to ban them (even though every mod instinct told me I should.
See this is were I was, there really wasn't any "spamming" but it felt off.

cg support said:
I got an email from headache asking why he was banned. I did look at the trail of posting and it does fit the profile of a spammer (5 quick replies and then a link). I haven't seen the link, so I don't know how to factor that in.

Spammers usually don't request an appeal, but I'll leave it up to the site to decide what his fate should be.

Maybe a conditional lift with no links for say, x number of posts?

Let me know so I can send him a reply.

I agree that spammers don't appeal, so I think the conditional lift sounds fair.

Dadu2004

PF Visionary
May 16, 2008
Cleveland, OH
I would maybe inquire as to why he/she is requesting that they not be banned. If he/she is having an actual issue that they would like assistance with or is wanting to be a real part of a parenting community, then reinstate them.

I suspect they just want to "post a video that they thought was cool to share with someone". If that's the case, I say leave them banned...seen this too many times. :)

IADad

Super Moderator
Feb 23, 2009
Iowa
I agree, if they want to come back, post an intro thread and see if they become a participating member and post no links for 50 posts, then I'd say they are showing enough effort.

If they say, they just wanted to "share" their link then that's not what we're about....

cg stephen

Support Team
Feb 15, 2008
<SIZE size="100">I saw the video and I agree with the ban. looks like the member made the 5 posts just for the sake of posting the video.

I sent a response informing the member of the decision and advised that if he still wanted to be a part of the community, to create a new account and participate more before posting a link.

Great job with the watchful eyes.
</SIZE>

Dadu2004

PF Visionary
May 16, 2008
Cleveland, OH
Thank you much for your help...on another note, I've been impressed with what Crowdgather has been doing with the forums...love the new batch delete/ban feature.

IADad

Super Moderator
Feb 23, 2009
Iowa
Dadu, I misread your post above, I thought you said "I took care of them" and I see now that's not what you said. So, I banned another poster at the same IP as motherofboys, so you think I should ban motherofboys? there's this whole "my friend's son/ my son" "tortures his brother" theme going on. So even though "she" hasn't technically broken any rules yet, I think she's a torll and should be banned and IP banned, any thoughts?

Dadu2004

PF Visionary
May 16, 2008
Cleveland, OH
I see where her alias was banned...why was she banned under that name? The note says "trolling" but I couldn't (in my very brief search) find where the trolling occurred.

...anyway, it's up to you brother. Whatever you decide is best, I'll back you up on.

Last edited:

IADad

Super Moderator
Feb 23, 2009
Iowa
Dadu2004 said:
I see where her alias was banned...why was she banned under that name? The note says "trolling" but I couldn't (in my very brief search) find where the trolling occurred.

...anyway, it's up to you brother. Whatever you decide is best, I'll back you up on.
well, you see the trail of events was I thought you had banned her Motherofboys ID, so when I saw the similar one, I figured she had re-registered (which she had because the IPs match.) so I banned her on the basis that she'd already been banned, but now I'm torn between whether she's just a fool or really breaking any rules....oh, and I was characterizing the whole trying to sensationalize the kid beating as 'trolling"