Mothers...

Mom2all

PF Fiend
Nov 25, 2009
Eastern North Carolina, USA
I know that most people already know this. So its not a shocking revelation. But I had to share what I learned again with a bitter sweet loss.
Sometimes, especially for stay at home Mom's, you wonder if your life is passing by. Wonder if you weren't meant for some greater purpose. What we do is that greater purpose. How many people get to be heroes' just for simply loving someone?
My daughter lost her blood Mom when she was 12 & I lost my at 32. We both still miss them terribly and have days where the world still seems off balanced somehow. We celebrate them by holding each other and eating chocolate together.
2 days ago my Grandma told me she wanted to see her Mama.. and so she slipped away this morning. As I watched her slowly putting one foot into heaven and letting go here, her daughters cried and my Grandma smiled. At 87, at the end of life, her Mom was still the one thing that brought her peace.

The hand that rocks the cradle does in fact rule the world.

NancyM

PF Addict
Jul 2, 2010
New York
awww sorry for your loss mom2all, it doesn't matter how old they are, when the people we love die, I think we die a little too.

Mom2all

PF Fiend
Nov 25, 2009
Eastern North Carolina, USA
Thank you all for your sympathy. I truly felt blessed to be able to sit and sing to her and hold her hand. They do take a piece with them, but leave so much behind with us also. I guess, if it hurts, then we were loved.

akmom

PF Fiend
May 22, 2012
United States
What a beautiful post. I so appreciate you sharing it. I frequently get anxious when I think about how long it has been since I've worked, and this is the very thing I needed to read.

IADad

Super Moderator
Feb 23, 2009
Iowa
My condolences for your loss and my thanks for you sharing that lovely tribute. While I may never know the special bond of being a mother, this does remind me to cherish the relationships with my mom and those of my children's with my wife, and mostly thanks for the reminder to cherish each day and make good use of it, and love the ones who love us.

When people rant about all the horrible things on the internet, it's posts like this that amaze me. Unrelated people around the world who never knew each other before, share in a common bond as parents and can share special moments and special thoughts like this.

Thanks again.