Moving Tips - 2 yo and 4 month old...

bworthey

PF Regular
Oct 4, 2011
Louisville, AL
My family will be moving soon - about 6 hours away. We have two girls - a 2 year old and a 4 month old. Any tips on how best to do this as easy as possible. I think we will have at least one grandmother with us to help out some. We will be moving close by her as well.

Any tips from anyone who has moved with children would be greatly appreciated!

Incogneato

PF Fanatic
Feb 9, 2011
I'm also interested in the responses to this as we will also be moving around 6 hours away before long and will have a 2 year old.

cybele

PF Addict
Feb 27, 2012
Australia
Mine were a tiny bit older when we moved the first time (4 years and 2 years.)

All I can say is, enlist the help of grandma, HAHA. That's what we did.

We gave our 4yr old a whole load of useless "jobs" to do so she wouldn't get under our feet when we were moving furniture, like "check all the cupboards and wardrobes in the house and make sure the people who lived here before us didn't leave anything behind" (we checked them prior to know that they were empty) and "make sure all the taps work"

The 2yr old spent a fair bit of the time in a port-a-crib, then when he was getting restless, both my kids went for a walk with grandma to the store to buy some "important food that we didn't have with us" by the time they got back we had plugged in the TV and VCR in the spare bedroom (yes, I said VCR, this is how long ago that was) and from then on Walt Disney did a whole lot of the child minding.