My Baby isn's so little anymore!!!!...

xox.ilu.xox

PF Addict
Dec 17, 2009
Kamloops, British Columbia, Canada
So hayleigh turned 3 on february 19th. We had a party for family on the 19th and a party for friends on the 20th. They were both awesome. At the 2nd party, we tied her suckies to helium balloons and sent them to the babies in heaven :) SOOOOOOO.....NO MORE SUCKIES! yay! and today, she decided she would like to try using the potty. I cant believe how quick shes growing up. :(

Xero

PF Deity
Mar 20, 2008
PA
Awww, what a big girl!!! I can't believe it, three already!! I am so creeped out that my baby boy will be four this year!! D:

That's such a cute idea, with the balloons and stuff. Is she doing good without them? Good luck with the potty!! Go Hayleigh! :)

xox.ilu.xox

PF Addict
Dec 17, 2009
Kamloops, British Columbia, Canada
shes been doing great without them! Two nights with no problems, and she hasnt even asked for a suckie today. Thank gawd! I knew cold turkey would be a lot easier then weaning! haha. Potty is doing well. Im going to get her a small hayleigh-sized potty to go in the kitchen so that she is close to the potty if she needs it. She even peed on the big potty at "school" today! I cant believe it! She loves school. we are going to go all week this week, cuz we have started walking there. Mommy needs exercise! haha

Xero

PF Deity
Mar 20, 2008
PA
OH I KNOW lol its FLYING!! I can't believe I'm already six months preggers!! I feel like he's going to be here tomorrow! haha. I'm happy I'm finally this far though, baby has a much better chance of surviving if any unfortunate preterm labor were to happen past 24 weeks. :) Of course, I'm sure I basically have nothing to worry about, my pregnancy with Eli was totally fine and he was nice and late haha. A big 8 pound boy. :) I hope this one doesn't end up with jaundice, gosh that was a pain in the butt.

Anyway, I'm excited! I bought him a lot of stuff but there's still more to get. And I still don't have a camera, my mom decided she wanted to get me a new one for my birthday, so I wont have one until April! lol But at least I will have it for when the baby is born. Its too bad though, I'm at that really cute stage where I'm totally showing but the rest of me is still normal and I love it. In a couple of months here I'll be all huge and bloated hahaha.

We are naming him Tyler by the way. :) Probably Tyler Henry.

So end of thread hijack lol. That is SO nice that Hayleigh let go of the pacifiers so easily!!! What a big girl. Good luck with potty training, the little potties are SO nice. We used one with Eli and it was so awesome for him because he was never comfortable going poop on the big potty (he's fine with it now) even though we always had the little potty seat on it. Not only that but I think it saved a ton of accidents just by being there and being convenient for him. It helped him regulate until he was ready to go on the big potty all the time. He started training using the little potty at like 2 1/2 and we threw it out at like 3. By that point he didn't use it much, because he preferred standing up to pee at the big potty. So it was just a matter of getting him comfortable enough to poop on the big potty, and it turned out to be an easy transition. I bet she will get the hang of it super fast!

stjohnjulie

PF Addict
Aug 9, 2010
St. John, VI
Way to go Hayleigh! Those are some big steps and it sounds like she is handling everything in stride. I used to put the little potty by the toy area in my house when Luca was little. And he hardly ever wore clothes at home, so it just kind of worked. Living in the tropics....lots of naked time and tile floors so no big deal if there was an accident. I wouldn't imagine Hayleigh would want to be running around naked this time of year where you are :D BURRRRR! Good luck with the potty!

I think we should just pitch in and get xero a camera ASAP. I'm dying to see the belly!

Xero

PF Deity
Mar 20, 2008
PA
lol Julie!! Don't do that, my mom would be mad!! She never knows what to get me for my birthday, and I never know what to tell her, but I was about to buy myself a new camera last week and when I mentioned it to her she said no and that she wanted to get it for me for my birthday LOL.

Incogneato

PF Fanatic
Feb 9, 2011
That's adorable. I'm glad that it was a fairly easy transition for you. I remember my parents telling me of them trying to get me to give them up. I was told that Santa wouldn't deliver a big boy bicycle to little boys who still used a pacifier so I decided myself to give it up in trade for Santa bringing my a red bike :)

thatsminedad

Feb 3, 2011
Birmingham, UK
Hiya, talking about suckies or dummies as they are referred to here in the UK, we went through the 'Father Christmas has taken your dummies away' routine with Hannah on Christmas eve but had to give in to her when she started pleading for it in the middle of the vicar's sermon. A few weeks later, we did succeed when Hannah saw me throw her dummies in the bin. She had the habit of biting bits off and this time we told her that she was not going to have any more because she keeps biting them. You are definitely right about 'cold turkey'. It worked.

mom2many

Super Moderator
Jul 3, 2008
melba, Idaho
superman said:
lol some randoms gonna get a soother in the head....

LOL I didn't even think of that when I read it. Paci's falling from the sky?!

They sure do grow fast, it really is amazing.

bssage

Super Moderator
Oct 20, 2008
Iowa
Sooo if a sucker,paci, soother, or dummy falls from the sky does the 5 second rule still apply?

Congradts Xox. We keep teaching them to get older and more independent. Then dam if that isnt what they do.

Xero

PF Deity
Mar 20, 2008
PA
LOL that would be so funny!

Superman, your baby is almost ready to come out! :D Are you excited?

melinda2323

Feb 7, 2011
That's so great she's taken so well to potty training! And I couldn't agree more about going cold turkey instead of weining, works so much better! ;)