My baby wont drink regular milk...

fallon

Super Moderator
Jul 19, 2007
Michigan
drinking whole milk?[/B][/SIZE]</SIZE>:eek: [/COLOR][/quote]
no...not at all. If she's still nursing that's all she really NEEDS...everything else is extra :)

musicmom

PF Visionary
Dec 4, 2007
I agree. That's all she needs. Are you introducing her to table foods at least?
You should know if your daughter is using your breast as a pacifier or for actually feeding herself.

yulia

Banned
Jan 25, 2008
Lafayette, CO
fallon said:
no...not at all. If she's still nursing that's all she really NEEDS...everything else is extra :)
exactly!

My daughter is 15m.o. and she also wouldn't drink anything, but nurse. And so is my 32 months old son ;)

theresatwis

Feb 5, 2008
New Jersey
Yes I have introduced her to solid foods. She's not using the breast as a pacifier. I was just afraid that she wouldn't be getting enough nutrition. Thank you so much.

Trina

PF Addict
Jun 10, 2007
CT
drinking whole milk?[/B][/SIZE]</SIZE>:eek: [/COLOR][/quote]

No, it's not a bad thing at all, but I would continue to encourage a sippy cup. She can't get her fluids from Mom's chest forever. LOL! Try different styles with different spouts. Some babies do better with sport straw type sippy cups. Good luck!

yulia

Banned
Jan 25, 2008
Lafayette, CO
Trina said:
No, it's not a bad thing at all, but I would continue to encourage a sippy cup. She can't get her fluids from Mom's chest forever
who is talking about forever? but the average weaning age, according to WHO, is 3-5years.

fallon

Super Moderator
Jul 19, 2007
Michigan
yulia said:
who is talking about forever? but the average weaning age, according to WHO, is 3-5years.
don't do that...she said LOL...and has said time and agian how she BF'd past one yr. Don't be so damn defensive

yulia

Banned
Jan 25, 2008
Lafayette, CO
fallon said:
I think there is something very special about it...not a lot of mothers are willing to go that long
I know PLENTY of american mothers (both online and in real life) who nurse MUCH longer than that!

Trina

PF Addict
Jun 10, 2007
CT
yulia said:

I'm not referring to breastfeeding. I'm referring to the simple fact that kids <I>need</I> to learn to drink from a cup at some point. How on earth would they drink water, milk, juice, etc. otherwise?

musicmom

PF Visionary
Dec 4, 2007
Trina said:
I'm not referring to breastfeeding. I'm referring to the simple fact that kids <I>need</I> to learn to drink from a cup at some point. How on earth would they drink water, milk, juice, etc. otherwise?
I agree. It is part of growing up and being a part of NORMAL society.

yulia

Banned
Jan 25, 2008
Lafayette, CO
musicmom said:
Just recently I saw a great bumper sticker saying:
"Normal people scary me" ;)

As for learning to drink, when my daughter was READY, she asked to take a sip when I offered juice to my son. So I gave her (with a straw) and she drank like if she was always doing it. When they are ready, they do not have to learn it; they just go ahead and DO it![/COLOR]

Kaytee

PF Deity
Apr 9, 2007
Texas
yulia said:
I just don't think it's a big deal, that's all.

But I do appreciate your compliment ;) :D
seriously Yulia, learn to to take a compliment and the world is not against you