My Circumcision Story and Restoring My Foreskin...

viper7

Jul 12, 2008
Foreskin restoration is under [adult]

[as a kid]

I was cut as an infant at one day old, no medical need, parents thought it was healthier, the cut was standard, no errors. when growing up I noticed that it looked odd, there was a scar and the skin bunched up funny, as in the skin around the scar was thinner and folded odd to me, but anyone else would say it was normal, I asked my parents if I ever had any surgeries, they said no (I later found out they did not consider circumcision a surgery, despite the words surgery on the receipt [and probably consent form as well]). despite technically looking like the others it really bothered me, as a teen I discovered masturbation but it never seemed to be as great as others made it out to be, before I found out about lube I was left with sores or friction burns, with lube there was so little friction that there wasn't as much sensation, plus it can get a bit messy and be hard to get and use when young (hiding it etc)

[almost adult]
found out one day what had really happened to me, it was devastating to learn that my sexual ability had been permanently reduced and that the lack of sensitivity was likely caused by the circumcision. I read as much information as I could find on it, from both pro-circumcision and anti circumcision websites/books trying to learn about it as well as hoping to find something that justified it, sadly every anti-circumcision argument made so much more sense. (so many pro circumcision arguments based on studies so old and done in such a way that would never be given any credibility today.

[adult - FORESKIN RESTORATION]
I had discovered web sites on foreskin restoration, I did not have high hopes to get much other then the look back, some people that had claimed to have been cut later in life and regretted but the quality at 10 being intact, 3 cut and 7 restored, depressed from being cut I did not have high hopes for sensation improvements, however I did restore to primarily get the scar to become folded inside and have a more natural appearance(a statement to doctors during future visits) I am now a little over a year into it and have restored enough foreskin that anyone in the locker room that saw me would think I was intact, but the best part is the sensation gains did occur, the gliding sensation is great and eliminated the need for lube and I have not had one sore spot since now that the skin glides as it was designed to, every day the glans stays covered it seems to be more sensitive. it does work and does look natural enough, you don't gain things back like the ridged band or frenulum (if the doctor removed it) but it is very much worth it. It's very hard to convince someone cut at birth the value of the gliding skin, but once I got enough skin to have it, it just felt so right, so natural

[my recommendations]
if you are deciding on cutting, the decision can wait, please let the child decide when they are old enough, the decision to cut cannot be undone and any supposedly serious benefit does not occur until they are old enough to decide.

if you do decide to cut, ask questions, what method, what are the risks of each method, do they remove the frenulum, do they use painkillers and leave adequate time for them to work.

[if you already had your child cut]
please, please explain it to them, give them the reasons why, they deserve to know. {this next part may be controversial } but masturbation will happen, it's natural, make some type of lube available (sore spots hurt and can be embarrassing and hurt self confidence)

[consider this]
doctors claim low complication rates, but considering the purpose of the penis many problems won't occur till puberty, and will never be recorded as a complication, and how can a boy going through puberty know that a problem such as painful erections cause by insufficient skin are a problem of circumcision, or even that it's abnormal

[Final thoughts]
psychologically it is very painful when people act like it's not a big deal, it was my body and now I can never truly experience what sex was truly meant to be like.

Mindy

PF Addict
Feb 20, 2008
QC, Canada
Thanks for sharing your story Viper.

I have spoken with tons and tons of guys who have went through restoration.

FWIW I agree with you.

canuck88

Aug 5, 2008
Thanks for sharing your story, Viper.

As a man, I'd like to provide a bit of a different perspective.

I will say that I've never had any emotional or psychological issues with my parents deciding to 'cut' me. I am a successful, sensitive man who has very healthy relationships and terrific sex. I also never had a problem with sensitivity or 'sores' from masturbation as you did (I learned at a young age to do it in the shower with shower gel or using moisturizer when not in the shower). I've actually never - ever - heard of a guy doing what you have done (masturbating to the point of sores); most even used spit or anything available to keep it 'lubed'.

I'll also say that 95% of my male friends are 'cut', and I've never heard any of them complain. If anything, the 5% of my friends have complained many times that they wish they were cut - that girls have made comments, and that they've had trouble with hygiene - but that they're 'too old' to go through the hassle of having it done.

I'm sorry to hear that your parents decision impacted you in such a negative way, and I'm glad you've corrected it in a way you see fit. However, for perspective - especially to the mothers on here - an emotional reaction such as yours is extremely rare amongst 'cut' men.

Mindy

PF Addict
Feb 20, 2008
QC, Canada
Actually, no its not extremely rare at all. If you do some research, you will find there are many many men like viper. In fact, the biggest group of people who believe circ should not happen is cut men. As a cut man, I fail to see how you can even know what sex or hygiene would be like for an intact man. And his reaction, although it may be "emotional" is HIS personal experience. So please don't try telling him that it's a rare anamoly, because it is anything but that.

And with the circ rates falling, if you have a baby circ'd now, when they are in their 20's and 30's they will actually be in the minority.

80% of the globe is intact, and they are just fine. So it completely baffles me that this continues in America for NO REASON. Completely unnecessary surgery.

canuck88

Aug 5, 2008
Considering more than 80 million North American men are circumcised, yes - it's VERY rare. Even if 1 million men had the procedure (I can't imagine the number is much more than 10,000, but there doesn't seem to be any data), that's still only 1.25% which - in the book of any logical person - is rare.

Mindy

PF Addict
Feb 20, 2008
QC, Canada
Well I guess that can be seen as rare, but how rare does it have to be for their personal experiences to not have any weight?

Don't you think as opposed to finding reasons TO circumsize, it would be more logical to find try and find a reason why it's necessary? That's my point. It's completely unnecessary, so the "rare" number of men who deeply regret having been circ'd should never have had it happen in the first place, it might be rare, but it could be NONE if only it wasn't routinely done to baby boys.

I'm going to assume you are Canadian by your nick, what province are you from? Since 1998 the circ rate in Canada is below 15%. Some provinces higher, some much lower. I have the info if you'd like to see it.

Good Wolf

PF Addict
Mar 11, 2008
TX
Well we've been over, under, to the side of, inside of, beat it down, lifted it up, and swept this topic under the carpet.

I will say again that there are medical benefits to be circumsized and I myself never though twice about it.

Mindy

PF Addict
Feb 20, 2008
QC, Canada
Good Wolfe, are you willing to share, what you see as medical benefits?

As for urinary tract infections, the stats say the risks are the same, whether circ'd or not.

As for penis cancer, it is so rare, it's really not an issue to perform cosmetic surgery on a newborn IMO.

And as for hygiene, it really is also the same whether you are circ'd or not. Providing you take proper care. Is there anything else you were thinking of?

Good Wolf

PF Addict
Mar 11, 2008
TX
I've posted links in the other threads. I'm really not up for sifting through them to find them.

I guess it is kind of wrong for parents to decide for their children but I trully believe that more men don't have a problem with it then do.

ljmahr

PF Fiend
Oct 16, 2007
While reading what this thread and what Mindy had wrote I was thinking something. For all the sites and stuff online about how the percent of males being circ'd is falling I could find that many that say it isn't. I started researching this on my own being as we are having our first (and last child) boy in about a month I wanted to have an informed decision. All I find is what other's opinions and what they want you to know. So my decision will be based solely on my opinion and what my hubby and I think is best for our son. Hopefully he will grow up and not think twice about our decision.

Viper--I am so sorry you feel the way you do about a decision I am sure your parents thought was best for you at the time.

mom2many

Super Moderator
Jul 3, 2008
melba, Idaho
ljmahr said:
While reading what this thread and what Mindy had wrote I was thinking something. For all the sites and stuff online about how the percent of males being circ'd is falling I could find that many that say it isn't. I started researching this on my own being as we are having our first (and last child) boy in about a month I wanted to have an informed decision. All I find is what other's opinions and what they want you to know. So my decision will be based solely on my opinion and what my hubby and I think is best for our son. Hopefully he will grow up and not think twice about our decision.

Viper--I am so sorry you feel the way you do about a decision I am sure your parents thought was best for you at the time.

Herer is something I sent to a friend who was unsure of what to do...

1. They will look like daddy....how many boys walk around looking at their dads penis?
2. It is better for hygiene.....so long as they bathe every few days what hygiene issue is there?
3. It is cleaner......once again a bath will take care of that.
4. Less infections.....statistically not true both sides have about equal issue chances, once again a bath every few days take care of it there is only a 1.8% difference.
5. Will be embarrassed as he gets older....
"Thirty years ago, up to 90% of American newborn baby boys were circumcised; currently, around 60% are circumcised. On the west coast, this figure has gone as low as 40%, and in parts of Canada, 25% and less. Worldwide, the uncircumcised penis is clearly the norm: 85% of the world's male population has "intact" (uncircumcised) penises" Natural family online.
6. Girls will find it gross...as you can see many woman don't have an issue with it, and if they did it is going to be a lot harder to pick a man who isn't and they could be missing out on the man of there dreams.
7. They won't remember something that happened at three or younger.....there may be no lasting scars, but many people can remember that far back, especially if it is traumatic. Lots of molestation victims remember from that early on, even if it isn't a physical memory they are still traumatized none the less.
Here is a good sight to take a look at.....
http://blogs.webmd.com/all-ears/2006/08/circumcision-unki...[/COLOR][/URL]

This link is wrote by a DR, I find it informative but he throws a little hunor into it.

And here is what the American Academy of Pediatrics has to say (1999)..

<I>"Existing scientific evidence demonstrates potential medical benefits of newborn male circumcision; however, these data are not sufficient to recommend routine neonatal circumcision. In the case of circumcision, in which there are potential benefits and risks, yet the procedure is not essential to the child's current well being, parents should determine what is in the best interest of the child. To make an informed choice, parents of all male infants should be given accurate and unbiased information and be provided the opportunity to discuss this decision."</I>

Mindy

PF Addict
Feb 20, 2008
QC, Canada
Thanks for that info, mom2many!

Absolutely true, every word.

Anyone ever hear of Dr. Sears? World renound ob/gyn and baby doctor. This is what he has to say about circ and it's supposed medical benefits:

DECIDING WHETHER OR NOT TO CIRCUMCISE YOUR BABY BOY is a decision that many parents face. There are many misconceptions and out-of-date information that parents may read. Here is a summary of the pertinent issues that you should consider when making this decision. And since it's a decision that intact men make rarely if ever, short of extreme rare issues, that should tell us just how unnecessary it is.

45% of the sensitivity of the penis is lost. The most sensitive skin on a man's body. Here are the functions of the foreskin.

This is an awesome website! Circumcision FAQ

DECIDING WHETHER OR NOT TO CIRCUMCISE YOUR BABY BOY

"While reading what this thread and what Mindy had wrote I was thinking something. For all the sites and stuff online about how the percent of males being circ'd is falling I could find that many that say it isn't"

That's intersting. Everything I have read says about 60% of American baby boys. Highest in the midwest, up to 77% and falling everyear.

The medium in Canada as of 2003 is 13.9% Quebec, where I live is 2.3% currently.

I also am always puzzled why people think there are such medical benefits when virtually all of europe is intact, and they don't seem to have the problems that people talk about here in this part of the world.

I just think that the decision should rest solely with the owner of the penis. And even if adult circ (if that's what someone really wants) although it might be more recovery time, at least you can have adequate pain meds, and even be put out if you wish. It's informed consent. Pure and simple IMO

Mindy

PF Addict
Feb 20, 2008
QC, Canada
And this is for the daddies. Please take the time to read.
<CENTER>
<SIZE size="200">An Appeal to New Fathers</SIZE>​
</CENTER>

<CENTER>
<I>Mothers and fathers sometimes painfully disagree over whether</I></SIZE>[/FONT]
<I><SIZE size="150">[FONT=Times,Times New Roman]or not to have their new baby boy circumcised.[/FONT]</SIZE></I>​
</CENTER>

If you were circumcised as an infant or young child, your parents probably believed that they were doing something that was medically necessary and healthy. They probably had very little information about it. The operation may have been done to you when you were separated from your mother in the hospital nursery. Even though you probably have no conscious recollection of the event, you did undergo a painful, traumatic experience which many professionals now believe may have left "forgotten imprints." Undoubtedly, your parents had little or no awareness of what you went through.</SIZE>[/FONT]

When our parents were young, most people did not question medical authority or make choices about such procedures the way we are encouraged to today. Their's was a more naive, trusting way of thinking which has often been difficult for members of our generation to understand.</SIZE>[/FONT]

Our parents did the best for us with what they knew at the time. Our generation has "survived," but we have hardly been peaceful or problem free! Although carefully controlled scientific studies have yet to be carried out, many professionals speculate that some of our generation's greatest problems may be related to how we were treated as infants and young children. For example, our generation's extensive difficulties with drug abuse may have its roots in our heavily drugged beginnings at birth. Many have suggested that our society's abnormal obsession with breasts as sexual objects may stem from our having been deprived of nourishment from our own mothers' breasts during infancy. Our generation's tendency towards alienation from our parents may stem from our initial separation from our parents when we desperately needed them immediately after birth. And many professionals have speculated that some men's sexual difficulties or tendencies toward violence or callousness may have begun when a painful operation was performed on their penises during infancy.</SIZE>[/FONT]

[FONT=Arial,Geneva,Verdana,Sans-Serif]
Your son is not a carbon copy of you. Right now you are very proud to have a new son. You will have wonderful experiences being his father. But whether he is circumcised or not, he will almost certainly turn out to be very much different from you. He is his own person. He may look different from you. His personality may be different from yours. He may develop very different skills and interests from your own. (Are you exactly like your father? Or would you want to be, as much as you may admire him?)[/FONT][/SIZE]</SIZE>[/INDENT]

Mindy

PF Addict
Feb 20, 2008
QC, Canada
<SIZE size="100">[FONT=Arial,Geneva,Verdana,Sans-Serif]
Your son will love and respect you as his father. Being a loving, supportive, understanding "Dad" is the most important thing you can ever do for your child. A child is more likely to become alienated and resentful of his parents if he is pushed or forced into patterns based on his parents' ideas that "aren't him." This is true for all facets of his life, not only circumcision. If you leave your son intact and raise him with a healthy attitude about his body, he will easily understand that, although you had that body structure cut off long ago, he did not. He will more than likely grow up to be very happy and proud to have a body "as nature made it." Or he may grow up and decide at that time that he would rather be circumcised. If so, this is fine too as it is his body and he will have made that decision for himself, rather than having had it forced on him.[/FONT]
</SIZE>
<SIZE size="100">[FONT=Arial,Geneva,Verdana,Sans-Serif]
Maternal protective instincts are sensitive and powerful! Your wife/partner has carried this baby inside of her body for the past nine months. As he grew larger she felt his every movement. Her entire body has been completely involved in his growth, development and birth. Her life has been filled with plans and dreams for this baby. Now that he is born, she is very much bonded to this tiny, helpless new little being. The natural hormones that are at work in her system right now produce overwhelming maternal protective feelings. She intensely does not want this baby hurt in any way! We are undoubtedly purposely designed this way to insure the survival of the human race.[/FONT]
</SIZE>
Perhaps these feelings may be difficult for you to understand right now. Although you are happy to have a new baby, your bond with him may not be as strong right now as it will become in the future, since your body was not as directly physically involved in the actual pregnancy and birth. But as a caring, concerned husband/partner, please make every attempt that you can to respect these powerful, exquisitely sensitive maternal protective feelings that she has.</SIZE>[/FONT]

Before you make a decision about putting your baby through a painful operation, hold him in your arms for awhile. See how tiny, delicate and wonderfully perfect he is right now. Feel in your heart how totally trusting and dependent he is on you for his well-being. Perhaps by doing this you can begin to share the overpowering, deeply ingrained protective feelings that she has for your baby.</SIZE>[/FONT]

Most mothers, if made aware of the facts about circumcision, and if allowed to bond with their babies, will choose against circumcising the baby simply because of these natural, maternal protective feelings. Many mothers will end up agreeing to circumcision, despite their own reservations, if their husbands/partners (or other relatives, doctors, etc.) pressure them into it. But this can result in feelings of guilt, anger, alienation from the baby, and difficulty in relating to her husband/partner if she feels that her maternal protective instincts toward her baby were cruelly violated.</SIZE>[/FONT]

Many fathers too, have feelings of anger, regret and horror following their babies' circumcision. (Possibly beforehand they imagined only a "momentary clipping of a little piece of skin," and never realized or focused on what actually takes place when a baby is strapped down and part of his genitalia is cut away.) But by making every effort to share her feelings toward this baby now, and by respecting her natural, maternal protective feelings, perhaps you and your wife/partner can be spared this inner pain and regret. Increasing numbers of parents of circumcised sons are urging new parents not to make the same mistake that we did.</SIZE>[/FONT]

Although like you, the baby may have no conscious memory of undergoing his circumcision, please seriously consider leaving your son intact for the sake of respecting his mother's natural, maternal protective feelings.</SIZE>[/FONT]

Cthru

PF Fiend
May 11, 2008
Chicago suburbs
oh god.. not this conversation again?
sorry you have problems poster.. each to their own. give up now cuz you won't change society with your strange problems.

Mindy

PF Addict
Feb 20, 2008
QC, Canada
That was a little harsh. That's a very personal experience he posted about, and to be told his problem is "strange" and he's not going to change society, (which I didn't see him trying to) is dismissive to say the least. If you don't have anything productive to add to the thread, except to make the poster feel even weirder about his situation, then maybe you should just leave it alone. And I say this in the nicest way possible. But I know it's something that's not easy for guys to talk about. So his story is worth telling.

Cthru

PF Fiend
May 11, 2008
Chicago suburbs
Yah, sorry.. nothing against the poster.. I just have had my fill of the whole topic here.. it's the same thing over and over and over. At least yulia is not here to run this into 10 pages.

mom2many

Super Moderator
Jul 3, 2008
melba, Idaho
Cthru said:
Yah, sorry.. nothing against the poster.. I just have had my fill of the whole topic here.. it's the same thing over and over and over. At least yulia is not here to run this into 10 pages.

Just cause you have had your fill of it doesn't mean new posters or new parents who have to face this choice are. Just don't reply.