My DD has joined the Womanhood Club....

Trina

PF Addict
Jun 10, 2007
CT
Mixed emotions... My DD just turned 12 last month and recently had her very first period. I knew it was coming and we've had lots of chats, so she knew what to expect, but I have such mixed emotions. Joyful and proud of her budding womanhood, yet sad to lose my little girl. *sigh*

mom2many

Super Moderator
Jul 3, 2008
melba, Idaho
I remember this with my older kids. It was such a mixture of emotions. I knew what the next 30 years was going to be like and yet they were growing up and it meant I had to face that they weren't going to be my "little girls" anymore.

Congrat's though, it is a huge step in both of your lives.

lola

PF Regular
Jul 15, 2010
I can't imagine what would my feelings be when the time comes for my daughters first period! She's only ten and I can't imagine her having it now though a few of her older friends had it when they were ten.
Congratulations! She will always be your little girl :)

Cazeur

Jul 21, 2010
Kent. UK
My daughter is 11 and she started her periods 2 months ago. I am over the moon for her. She's been waiting for a long time since I told her all about them. She's very mature physically but mentally I feel that girls are so young these days. They seem to be developing younger and younger.

I have a theory into one of the reasons why girls are developing early. I'm pretty sure that all of the Zac Ephrons and JLS's of this world are stimulating their hormones so much earlier and making them develop earlier. What do you think?