My kids are geniuses...

ElliottCarasDad

PF Addict
Sep 10, 2008
Iowa
My daughter managed to swallow a screw that I'll be searching for in poo for the next few days (since she craps her pants once or twice a week, it shouldnt be hard) then not 3 hours later my son almosts chokes on a grape but ends up swallowing it whole (which didnt feel too good).

Reminds me of a joke about how the main job of a parent is just keeping your kids from killing themselves. How true!

IADad

Super Moderator
Feb 23, 2009
Iowa
LOL, reminds me of the old saying:

You send 'em to school - they eat the books.

Incogneato

PF Fanatic
Feb 9, 2011
Oh my gosh, two issues in one day...you're due for a rest I'm sure. My parents always tell me the story of how when I was in pre-school I stuck a dried bean that was in a kitchen playset, up my nose.. it swelled up from the moisture in my nose and got stuck.. had to go to the emergency room to get it removed lol. I don't remember a bit of it, but they love to tell it.

mom2many

Super Moderator
Jul 3, 2008
melba, Idaho
I caught Aiden sticking BB's up his nose...why you ask? so he could shoot them out LOL

the screw thing would be a little scary though, sadly this is one time I hope you find it!

ElliottCarasDad

PF Addict
Sep 10, 2008
Iowa
yeah, they said anything under an inch and a half they let pass on through.

Funny thing. I told Cara that that screw she swallowed was gonna come out her butt, so after Elliotts' incident Cara said "Its okay Elliott, its gonna come out your butt!"

Incogneato

PF Fanatic
Feb 9, 2011
I know I don't envy Elliott's job over the next few days... I'm reminded of the scene from Jurrasic Park where they were riding on the park tour in the Jeep and got out to tend to the sick Triceretops.

IADad

Super Moderator
Feb 23, 2009
Iowa
Did she see you working on a project or something. I know I have that old bad habit of holding extra screws and nails in my mouth while I'm working on stuff...

ElliottCarasDad

PF Addict
Sep 10, 2008
Iowa
IADad said:
Did she see you working on a project or something. I know I have that old bad habit of holding extra screws and nails in my mouth while I'm working on stuff...
No, my kids roam the house like a pack of dogs and they cant keep anything out of their mouths as much as we try to break them of it (toys, shirt collars, screws).

IADad

Super Moderator
Feb 23, 2009
Iowa
ElliottCarasDad said:
No, my kids roam the house like a pack of dogs and they cant keep anything out of their mouths as much as we try to break them of it (toys, shirt collars, screws).
probably helps out on the need to vaccuum though....

Incogneato

PF Fanatic
Feb 9, 2011
IADad said:
probably helps out on the need to vaccuum though....

True, but it probably makes dinner time rough :(

"Ok, now sit down and eat your peas and carrots"

"I'm not hungry, I had two screws, an old Cheeto, and carpet fuzz earlier"

ElliottCarasDad

PF Addict
Sep 10, 2008
Iowa
IADad said:
At least they're getting their "fiber..." :takeabow:
fiber, plastic, wood, metal

Its funny how kids will put anything in their mouths except the stuff that is supposed to go there, like certain food!