My son has begun to eat us out of house and home!...

Trina

PF Addict
Jun 10, 2007
CT
DS will be turning 13 this summer. I knew this would happen but it's shocking when it actually starts. LOL! He now eats more than I do and has grown 5 inches in the past year. I think he just had another growth spurt as I just noticed his jeans and shirt sleeves are too short. Time to take him shopping again. At this rate he'll be taller than me soon. :eek: Wow...

fallon

Super Moderator
Jul 19, 2007
Michigan
so this is what I have to look forward to...good thing this one is a girl, I'm sure we could feed 2 boys

IADad

Super Moderator
Feb 23, 2009
Iowa
I suppose the alternative to feeding him is to encourage him to find a girlfriend who cooks or has a mother who cooks....hehehe....just kidding.

So we get done with paying for diapers,paying for daycare, teenage food and clothes are what we have to look forward too....(oh and auto insurance...)

Xero

PF Deity
Mar 20, 2008
PA
OH man, can teenage boys EAT! lol. I have a 15 year old brother that's thin as a rail but could easily eat an ENTIRE pizza by himself! It's crazy. BF has two little brothers and his mom can go grocery shopping and spend a couple hundred bucks and its gone in a week. Teenage boys are garbage disposals, seriously!! lol I dread the day Eli starts eating like a beast. I sure hope my next one is a girl. :D

Father_0f_7

PF Addict
Aug 19, 2008
F.I., Florida
Yes, I know it all too well, and it is not a pretty sight. They will eat anything...ANYTHING if they are hungry. Jonathan is starting to do it too (he's calling us mom and dad now btw). I'm just glad we have a few more years until Billy gets to that point.

16th ave.

PF Addict
Jan 4, 2009
East Texas
fo6 that's great you're now Dad again.

i can remember my brothers doing this. there was never anything in the house to eat b/c of them. and there were 3. my little brother would even eat leftover salmon patties. Yuck! that is some stinky stuff. one minute he was really short and little. the next he was towering over us.

Xero

PF Deity
Mar 20, 2008
PA
That's great to hear Fo6!!! Seems like he's starting to feel like a real part of your family now. :) I'm happy for you guys.

Anyway, yeah, boys are pigs. lol

mom2many

Super Moderator
Jul 3, 2008
melba, Idaho
Girls can be just as bad as boys.....let's not forget that. My 4 teens eat enough to save a small country, and my 7 year old eats dang near as much as they do, so far the 4 and 2 year old don't, but I know it is coming. When I grocery shop it takes two carts, it has to last 2 weeks, but by a week and a half they are complaining there is nothing to eat....well I didn't tell them to inhale it all...so they wait.

16th ave.

PF Addict
Jan 4, 2009
East Texas
msm it takes 2 carts for us and there's only four. lol
cocobutt tries to eat us out of house already. but she does have the weight issues. it doesn't help any that she copies her daddy. she sees him snacking all the time and thinks she should be able to snack all the time also.
we're lucky to get emmy to eat enough to feed a bird.

mddcbk

Nov 3, 2008
Jacksonville, Florida
Father_0f_6 said:
Yes, I know it all too well, and it is not a pretty sight. They will eat anything...ANYTHING if they are hungry. Jonathan is starting to do it too (he's calling us mom and dad now btw). I'm just glad we have a few more years until Billy gets to that point.
Please, you're worse than they are!

Xero

PF Deity
Mar 20, 2008
PA
mom2many said:
Girls can be just as bad as boys.....let's not forget that. My 4 teens eat enough to save a small country
LOL yeah that's true, I've seen such a situation in action. (I have three younger sisters and two younger brothers)

16th ave. said:
we're lucky to get emmy to eat enough to feed a bird.
Oh geez, same with Eli, a bird would be lucky to survive off of what he eats daily, I swear. What he DRINKS on the other hand, I can hardly imagine how so much fits in him sometimes. :rolleyes:

mddcbk - LOL!!!!

zeitgeist

PF Fiend
Oct 8, 2008
Oh yeah, the teenage EAT EVERYTHING NOW phase was sure fun. Out of the blue and without any warning I could suddenly eat, well, everything. There weren't leftovers in the house for years.

Thanksgiving dinner was the best. My mom always makes some of everything traditional, and... whew. Talk about feeling full enough for two helpings of each kind of pie...

Now <I>THAT'S</I> filling up the corners :D

IADad

Super Moderator
Feb 23, 2009
Iowa
zeitgeist said:
Oh yeah, the teenage EAT EVERYTHING NOW phase was sure fun. Out of the blue and without any warning I could suddenly eat, well, everything. There weren't leftovers in the house for years.

Thanksgiving dinner was the best. My mom always makes some of everything traditional, and... whew. Talk about feeling full enough for two helpings of each kind of pie...

Now <I>THAT'S</I> filling up the corners :D
I used to be able to eat like that, anything and everything...and then I hit 30 and my metabolism hit the wall....yikes...so, a word of warning from the old and struggling: Don't get yourself in too bad of habits, man they are hard to break when you're older.

Trina

PF Addict
Jun 10, 2007
CT
IADad said:
a word of warning from the old and struggling: Don't get yourself in too bad of habits, man they are hard to break when you're older.
Old and struggling?! Speak for yourself. ;) All kidding aside, I agree!

Music-dad

PF Addict
Apr 22, 2008
Right here. Right now.
Trina honey....grin a bear it...I did the same to my parents, and my "built like a brick shithouse" brother was like 3X worse.

But the joke will be on him in the longrun....as it is on myself, and my brother....

I spend a crapload on groceries for myself - hahahaha....and I seem to like the stuff that is outragiously priced....(like Bagel Bites - hahaha)

And when he's out on his own....you get to "drop by", coincidentaly just around meal time....and say....throw one on for me there ...buddy!

:)

Trina

PF Addict
Jun 10, 2007
CT
LOL, Music-dad! Definitely grinning and bearing it. It means he's healthy and growing, but WOW! I have to buy more <I>and</I> cook more for meals. He even does the, "Are you going to eat that?" thing if he notices food on someone's plate. LOL!

I remember my brother eating 4 sandwiches for lunch at school every day. FOUR! He was captain of the Swim team, tall and lanky, but boy could he EAT.

IADad

Super Moderator
Feb 23, 2009
Iowa
Music-dad said:
....throw one on for me there ...buddy!

:)

Love it!

Trina said:
Old and struggling?! Speak for yourself. ;) All kidding aside, I agree!
oh I am totally speaking for myself. I struggle (mostly with how to open that damn bag of chips.....without waking dw, 'cuz she'll want some too....shhhhhh)

oh, and swimmers burn through some serious calories....I remember seeing something about the immence number of calories Michael Phelps had to consume just to maintain his body weight....I'm thinking it was well of 10,000 a day (luckily he has the munchies most of the time these days so it's easier...oooo, ouch, did I say that out loud?)