My wife is buying my son's love....

FooserX

PF Addict
Jul 11, 2007
Denver
I'm going to Houston next month with my son, and we're going to Seaworld in San Antonio.

When I told him, I thought he would be really excited, but since mom isn't coming...he wasn't. I thought this was so weird, because he's always preferred me to her.

Obviously my wife was ecstatic to hear him be sad...so she asked him why he wanted to stay with her...(hoping he would say "I love you more!" or something)...and he says "Because you let me play Nintendo"

lol...:censored:

GEEZ!!!!!!!

My wife is constantly letting him play video games, even when he's been bad..and she lets him have dessert even when she takes it away. I always have to be the bad guy when it comes to enforcing things, because he's definitely getting spoiled. The more she gives him what he wants...the more I have to deny him things when he makes his 4 year old demands.

Our marraige is shot to hell, and she's packing up to leave...so there is no way she's going to change anything about parenting. She knows by giving him what he wants is the sure way to get him to love her more.

I hate it...I hate the situation...I hate her!

Amber

PF Addict
Feb 8, 2008
Knoxville, TN
FooserX said:
She knows by giving him what he wants is the sure way to get him to love her more.

For now. But he'll look back and respect you more than her because of the restrictions you put on him. He'll see that she didn't care what he did so she let him have his way. Jack's ex is like this with his kids. It bums him out so bad because he feels like his kids hate spending time with him because he doesn't give them every single thing they ask for and expects them to behave, but that's not the case.

He'll learn, one day, who truly cares about him, Fooser!;)

Good Wolf

PF Addict
Mar 11, 2008
TX
That is rough, but it sounds like a seperation is the best thing for you.

The problem with that is it will give you even less control over shaping your son into the man you want him to be. As a 'weekend warrior' you really don't have the ability to set rules, establish discipline, and all the other things that comes with being a full time parent. Sure, you can have your house rules but all that goes out the window as soon as you drop them back off at the other parents house.

Your in a tough spot, and I'm currently in a much tougher one so I can relate to what your going through. The best thing to do right now is take control. Try to establish a one week on and one week of visitation schedule off the bat, and seek legal council today. File for divorce first, document everything that happens, and expect the unexpected.

I'm have a vicious X and she has done things that will hopefully eventually lead to her going to prison but for now I'm the one on the chopping block. I hope you have a much easier time at it than I have.

1dayatatime

PF Addict
Oct 3, 2007
AZ
Sorry Foos. I came to give you back your bad rep and now I'd just feel guilty. Why are some women such nutballs?

AnKsMommy

PF Fanatic
Dec 17, 2007
Japan
Sorry to hear about that Foos.

It's the same way in my marriage. I'm the one that enforces the rules and sets boundaries...my dh on the other hand, likes to let Alenya get away with almost everything.

EHB

PF Enthusiast
Jan 24, 2008
California and New Jersey
FooserX said:
Our marraige is shot to hell, and she's packing up to leave...<snip>

I hate it...I hate the situation...I hate her!
I don't think a way to get close to a child is by hating its other parent. Your child sounds stressed by the bickering and fighting between the two of you and frankly were I him, I wouldn't want to be with either of you. This is not a popularity contest. Do you have any idea how a child feels when its parents are pulling at it from all directions.

The two of you need to grow up and solve the problems between the two of you and leave the poor child out of it.

1dayatatime

PF Addict
Oct 3, 2007
AZ
I do not know. Balls are just so funny to me. I thought the movie Waiting was hilarious.

(if I had balls)

:batwing: