Nawww, first day of school....

AmyBelle

PF Fiend
Apr 20, 2008
Australia
Bek had her first day of school today. She looked so cute.

She was so excited last night, getting her bag ready, and her pencil case, and everything else she needed, (such as the permission slip for horse riding lessons after school every friday, she made sure that I had signed that one)
She got up at 5:30 this morning, telling me what it was "time for school now" so we will have to work on that one, as she dosent actually need to be up until 7.

She was too excited to eat breakfast properly and ended up with muesli all over her pyjamas, so it was lucky that she did get up early to give us some extra time to clean that up.

Then she changed into her uniform and she looked so adorable, took photos as per request of the grandparents and we headed off to school.

Parents were allowed to stay in the classroom for a bit, but Rebekah told me, "Im a big girl now mummy, I can do school all by myself" so I went into the school hall where the school was holding a morning tea meet and greet session for all the new families.

And I didnt cry... much.

The preps have shortened days in the first week, so I have to go and pick her up in an hour, instead of being there from 9-3:30 like the other kids theyre there from 9-1. Then after that she's at school all day.

Xero

PF Deity
Mar 20, 2008
PA
Awww, what a big girl!! :)

How will I feel when Eli goes off to school?? Oh I don't even want to think about it!! D; lol

bssage

Super Moderator
Oct 20, 2008
Iowa
those are the coolest times. Little mini people doing their thing.

What the heck is "muesli".

Have fun and don't let her get the cooties.

mom2many

Super Moderator
Jul 3, 2008
melba, Idaho
You'll have to post a pic!

I love how ecited they are for thier first day of school...to bad it doesn't stay that was :)!

I only really cried with ted and sam, by the time all the other's have went I was like "Thank-god!" LOL.

So how did she say she liked it?

xox.ilu.xox

PF Addict
Dec 17, 2009
Kamloops, British Columbia, Canada
mom2many said:
It's a cereal if I remember correctly.
yeepers!!! Its super duper nutritious! I love that dang stuff. we buy the quaker stuff, its awesome. And grats on the first day of school!!! I dont even want to think about it, i have a hard enough time comprehending that hay is turning 2 on the 19th hah!

AmyBelle

PF Fiend
Apr 20, 2008
Australia
Woah, you guys dont know muesli?

Its oats, dried fruit and nuts.

Like so, and you cover it with milk and eat it... and you have toher variations, like ones with honey, or coconut, or bran, or minus fruit, or minus nuts, etc etc...

IADad

Super Moderator
Feb 23, 2009
Iowa
aww, "I can do school myself." How sweet.

We had a breakfast like that, was supposed to be "Parents" and it ended up being almost all "Mommies" I felt pretty out of place.