Need Help?...

fallon

Super Moderator
Jul 19, 2007
Michigan
Good Latte said:
I also have read quite a few articles linking food choices to our ability to manufacture hormones and other "chemistry" in the brain. I think the general idea is that good building blocks are better for building. I sincerely wish you a speedy return to your happiness.
as true as that is in a lot of cases, PPD is not one of them...there is no diet that could help or prevent it from happening

musicmom

PF Visionary
Dec 4, 2007
Healthy foods couldn't hurt but it's definitly not going to make that big of a difference. Here is a womans body that was growing another human and wham within a matter of seconds that body no longer has that specific function so that woman is drained of all those chemicals. As my mother would say "you don't know to s**t, run or go blind"
It's confusing.

Kaytee

PF Deity
Apr 9, 2007
Texas
no there are many studies that show it helps, does not eliminate thr problem, just like nursing, it helps. Doesn't guerrentee that you will not have it, but any bit helps if you are prone

jenilouise

PF Addict
Oct 20, 2007
Oregon
I changed my diet when I was suffering frm PPD and it helped SO much. I hope you were able to get some help. You are not a failure. You asked for help and that in itself is one of many little victories.