Need some advice...

salim_arjumand

PF Regular
Feb 28, 2008
Well...I need some advice here. My maid gave birth to a son 3 months back. Due to some illness she died. She too was a single mother. Now her 3 month old son is left completely alone as none of her relatives are accepting him. They want to send him to an orphanage. I don't want that. So, I asked my dad whether I can adopt him or not. What do you all think?

musicmom

PF Visionary
Dec 4, 2007
All I can say from experience is that I raised three and I survived. Although it's VERY tough at times I wouldn't trade it for the world. I would personally adopt him. Since he's so little...whatever you do for your two you would just do for three. It's not really that much of a difference until they get older and get their own personalities. Then they get expensive because you want to spoil each othem.
Will you be able to adopt him and financially support him? I take it if you have/had a maid but you had to ask your father that they are the one with the money. But if anything happend to them(your parents) would you be well enough off to support living for all of you? None of this is my business, just throwing it out there for you to ponder. Good luck whatever you decide. ^i^ If you have a higher power I'd say to pray over it. He always shows ya the way somehow. ;)

AnKsMommy

PF Fanatic
Dec 17, 2007
Japan
That's all up to you and if you think you can do it all the way around. Can you support another child financially, emotionally, and how will your family handle that also?

If it were me I'm not sure what I would do. I tend to be a bit emotional, so I would probably end up adopting the child.

How old are your other children? That could factor in to it all too. If they are older it wont be so hard because they will be able to understand.

Either way I'll be keeping that poor baby in my prayers. Please keep us updated on whatever choice you make.

salim_arjumand

PF Regular
Feb 28, 2008
I have taken the decision to adopt him. Since he's just 3 months old and my twins are 1 month old, they can grow up together. Finance is not a problem at all.
The reason I don't want to send him to an orphanage is that I am not sure what type of a family will adopt him, how they'll treat him. I thought that its better to be safe than sorry.

AnKsMommy

PF Fanatic
Dec 17, 2007
Japan
Good luck! I'm glad that you did adopt the other child. The kids are so close in age that they will grow up so close together.

salim_arjumand

PF Regular
Feb 28, 2008
Thanks so much!
Finally my dad had his way. He was dying to name my son [biological one] Khurram but I didn't allow him to. I stuck to Salim. So, this time, dad stuck to his guns and named the new kiddo Khurram!!

musicmom

PF Visionary
Dec 4, 2007
The baby didn't already have a name? You already have him with you? Where in the world are you?

salim_arjumand

PF Regular
Feb 28, 2008
Well...he's currently with me as he doesn't have any home to stay. And according to my maid's religious customs, they don't name the baby till he's 4 or 5 months of age.

jtee

Banned
Jun 24, 2007
salim_arjumand said:
Well...he's currently with me as he doesn't have any home to stay. And according to my maid's religious customs, they don't name the baby till he's 4 or 5 months of age.
Very interesting. What religion?

musicmom

PF Visionary
Dec 4, 2007
Oh I see. I was wondering what country you were in because here in the USA they don't hand you a baby because you decide you want one. So I was curious.
Nice name. Very noble. I know a Karim and a Karishma.