Never call your wife......

kdryan

PF Fanatic
Jan 2, 2009
Fort Wayne, In
... a right wing wacko. I learned that one the hard way this morning. Face it; I am Obama, she is McCain. She came in this morning and starting talking about how this oil spill is Obama's fault because he gave the ok for the oil wells off of La. I was so stunned, I couldn't even formulate a response. Basically, all that came out is 'You are such a right wing wacko! You Limbaugh types really tick me off!' She doesn't really listen to Rush, but she does listen to Christian radio a lot.

Such is the life when an atheistic quasi-liberal lives with a conservative christian.

I think I'm sleeping on the couch tonight... :)

*Please do not turn this into a political discussion. It's not...

Kevin

mom2many

Super Moderator
Jul 3, 2008
melba, Idaho
Hahahah!

My BF and her hubby are staunch republican's and we have many arguments about Obama. It isn't the difference in political views I have a problem with, it's the very closed mindedness they have, seriously all the natural disasters are Obama's fault. Some of their views make me laugh though.

My hubby goes both ways, lucky for me I can usually correct the misinformation that all the guys at his work plant in his head.

xox.ilu.xox

PF Addict
Dec 17, 2009
Kamloops, British Columbia, Canada
im Obama too. lol. I dont pay attention to political crap in Canada, cuz i hate our PM with the burning fire of a thousand suns (hes buddy buddy with bush). And I'm bout ready to move out of bc. they are imposing the HST (harmonized sales tax) in july and its redonkulous! Google "BC harmoized sales tax" and read on it. bad bad bad.

\anywho. Like Antoinette said...sucks to be you! lol

bssage

Super Moderator
Oct 20, 2008
Iowa
When the elections where in full swing I started talking to my dad about politics. He is the most artful dodger I know when it come to politics. We would be in and back out of a political conversation in the blink of the eye. Which I guess I just never noticed before I'm not really into politics anyway.

The way I have him figured, being a salesman all his life. He has learned to avoid the politics ( it doesnt pay)to the extent I don't think he even realizes he is doing it. Mention Obama or Bush and the subject magically changes to the weather, or how much strawberries are a pound at the local store. Its really something to watch. I throw stuff at him just to see his reaction now.

IADad

Super Moderator
Feb 23, 2009
Iowa
M2M - I missunderstood BF as "Boyfriend" at first and that put a whole diifferent spin on your post....

Along the same lines it gets me, My IL's are staunch Dems...but they are adamant pro-life, adamant 2nd ammendment supporters and vocal about there being too many taxes and too many social programs...So, I asked em why they remained democrats then...and they said because the union told them too....*gulp* now that's danger in action, when people don't even understand why they ae supporting a party. It's interesting now too, that they are hating on Obama...racist much? I think.

IADad

Super Moderator
Feb 23, 2009
Iowa
bssage said:
When the elections where in full swing I started talking to my dad about politics. He is the most artful dodger I know when it come to politics. We would be in and back out of a political conversation in the blink of the eye. Which I guess I just never noticed before I'm not really into politics anyway.

The way I have him figured, being a salesman all his life. He has learned to avoid the politics ( it doesnt pay)to the extent I don't think he even realizes he is doing it. Mention Obama or Bush and the subject magically changes to the weather, or how much strawberries are a pound at the local store. Its really something to watch. I throw stuff at him just to see his reaction now.
You gotta ask him about the Branstad campaign...

mom2many

Super Moderator
Jul 3, 2008
melba, Idaho
IADad said:
M2M - I missunderstood BF as "Boyfriend" at first and that put a whole diifferent spin on your post.....
HAHAHAH... I debated on whether or not to put it that way, however my hubby does call her my boyfriend, we are always on the phone with each other.

bssage

Super Moderator
Oct 20, 2008
Iowa
IADad said:
You gotta ask him about the Branstad campaign...
He is almost 70 now. A lot of his behavior, His salesman demeanor has become such a part of his life that I dont think he would adjust even if I asked him that.

I think I could call him out and say what I said here. But then I think it would be awkward just because it would make him uncomfortable to talk about politics.

ephemeralsoul

May 11, 2010
Why is it that Republicans are so much more heard and more talkative when it comes to politics? And why are the Democrats all over the media being portrayed as "better"?
It's like a cult, these politic parties. Brainwashed and full of lies. I don't know which side I'm on, can't tell the right from the wrong.

Martin

PF Regular
Apr 18, 2010
kdryan said:
... a right wing wacko. I learned that one the hard way this morning. Face it; I am Obama, she is McCain.

(. . .)

Basically, all that came out is 'You are such a right wing wacko! You Limbaugh types really tick me off!' She doesn't really listen to Rush, but she does listen to Christian radio a lot.
I'm still trying to figure out why you were worried about this. Such a wonderful compliment you paid her! :biggrin:

kdryan

PF Fanatic
Jan 2, 2009
Fort Wayne, In
You know, if it hadn't been for a certain VP candidate, I might have voted Republican in this last election. I really liked John McCain. Then again, if it weren't for that nasty little penchant for killing babies, I wouldn't ever hesitate to vote Democrat.

As it was, I went with the party who I felt was giving me the least amount of BS...

Martin

PF Regular
Apr 18, 2010
I know a lot of people, from both sides of the political spectrum, who right now are just looking for an "anti-incumbent" ticket . . .

*sigh* hard to be very impressed either way with the whole thing right now.

Jeremy+3

PF Addict
Apr 18, 2009
Nottinghamshire
It is odd because here the reps and dems (after allits about the party not the person) are considered extremely right wing so it us quite funny when republican supports rant about the evil lefties they're far far too similar.

Basically it confirms our thoughts that Americans are butters as well, which is quite comforting. I wonder what nick, dave and Barack chatted about on the phone last night.