new foods...

gr8mom

PF Fanatic
Mar 1, 2008
Texas
My recipes have gone stale I need some new ones. Anything without pork that is healthy and nutritious especially if it's popular with kids cause I can barely get my kids to eat any vegies now.

HappyMomma

PF Addict
Mar 7, 2008
Wylie, TX
Kaytee said:
Rachel Ray is my fave!!! I have tried a few of her recipes and everyone was delicious
One of my favorite Rachel recipes is the gorgonzola topped tenderloin. MMMMM!

You can find her on the food network site, with her recipes.

Kim

PF Fiend
Apr 3, 2007
St. Louis, MO
For some reason Rachael Ray really annoys me personality-wise. I have some of her cookbooks and her recipes are good, but I cannot stand to watch her on tv.

gr8mom

PF Fanatic
Mar 1, 2008
Texas
does anyone know a recipe for chili cooked in a crock pot? I've been wanting to try one out but have no idea exactly how long to cook the beans and whether or not to put the other ingredients in before the beans are cooked.

Ari2

PF Fiend
Jan 7, 2008
gr8mom said:
does anyone know a recipe for chili cooked in a crock pot? I've been wanting to try one out but have no idea exactly how long to cook the beans and whether or not to put the other ingredients in before the beans are cooked.
I never made it, but this is a slow cooker chicken chili recipe:

2 pounds ground chicken, coarsely ground preferred
3 tablespoons chili powder, plus 2 teaspoons
1 (15-ounce) can kidney beans, drained and rinsed
1 (15-ounce) can white beans, drained and rinsed
2 (28-ounce) cans diced fire roasted tomatoes
1 medium sweet potato (about 10 ounces), peeled and shredded
1 (15-ounce) can low-sodium chicken broth
1/4 cup instant tapioca (recommended: Minute tapioca)
1 to 2 chipotle chiles in adobo sauce with seeds, chopped
2 tablespoons soy sauce
1 tablespoon kosher salt
1 tablespoon onion powder
2 teaspoons granulated garlic
1 teaspoon dried oregano
1 teaspoon ground cumin
1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
Pinch ground cloves
1/2 to 3/4 cup lager-style beer, optional Toppings: Sour cream, shredded Cheddar or Jack cheese, chopped scallions, and chopped pickled jalapenos
Put the chicken in the slow cooker. Add 3 tablespoons of the chili powder and all the rest of the ingredients, except the beer. Stir everything together, cover, and cook on LOW for 6 to 8 hours. Just before serving, stir in the remaining 2 teaspoons of chili powder, the beer, if using, and season with more salt and pepper, to taste, if desired. Divide the chili among warm bowls. Serve with the topping of your choice.
Know-How: Stirring in chili powder right before serving brightens the flavor of the chili.

Here's another: Slow-cooked chili in cheddar bowls

For the chili:
1 1/4 pounds lean ground beef
2 tablespoons vegetable oil
1/4 cup dry wine
1 tablespoon chili powder
1 teaspoon sugar
1 teaspoon ground cumin
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1 clove garlic, minced
1 (15-ounce) can red kidney beans, drained
1 (15-ounce) can black beans, drained
1 (14-ounce) can Mexican-style stewed tomatoes with jalapeno peppers and spices, undrained

For the bread bowls:
Cooking spray
1 pound fresh or frozen bread or pizza dough, thawed according to package directions
1/2 cup shredded Cheddar

Sides and Toppings:
Sour cream
Diced onion
Diced tomato
Diced avocado
Shredded Cheddar

Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Coat a large baking sheet with cooking spray. To make the chili:*
Heat 2 teaspoons vegetable oil in a large stock pot over medium-high heat. Add beef and cook 5 minutes, until browned, breaking up the meat as it cooks. Add remaining ingredients and bring to a simmer. Reduce heat to medium-low, partially cover and simmer 20 minutes.
For the bread bowls divide dough into 4 equal portions and roll each portion into a ball. Place balls on prepared baking sheet, top with shredded cheese and bake for 15 minutes. Remove from oven and when cool enough to handle, cut a small portion from the top of each ball (reserve cut-out piece for another use). Press into the center, making a bowl for the chili. Spoon in chili into the bread bowls and top with desired toppings.

*To make chili in slow cooker, optional
:Combine all ingredients in a slow cooker and mix well. Cover and cook on HIGH for 4 to 6 hours or on LOW for 8 hours.

musicmom

PF Visionary
Dec 4, 2007
foodnetwork.com has tons of reciepes.

Something that's very easy and kids love to do is take quesadilla's (flour) and let them put sauce on it and sprinkle cheese and let them watch it bake. They get to make their own mini pizza's and they can even roll it up. My kids love doing this and it's quick for nights when I've worked.

Kaytee

PF Deity
Apr 9, 2007
Texas
we did that with English muffin pizza. Nichole is already learning to put the cheese on it herself

musicmom

PF Visionary
Dec 4, 2007
That's good pic of you Kaytee. That's not what you look like at all in your avatar. Very cute.

Kaytee

PF Deity
Apr 9, 2007
Texas
lol not sure that is a compliment on my avator but.. lol
thanks of course its my wedding day so it is hard to look ugly lol

Amber

PF Addict
Feb 8, 2008
Knoxville, TN
I signed up at that Kraft site. They send me a little mini-mag every season that always has some really good recipes in it.