New Member. Mother of one...

RaisingAPrince

Feb 27, 2012
Ohio
Hi all. I'm new here. Mother of one 3.5 year old son from Northern Ohio.

Found your site while trying to find advice on traveling with a preschooler. I hope to be able to join in conversation and learn some parenting tips from you all.

IADad

Super Moderator
Feb 23, 2009
Iowa
Welcome!

I'm Ray, Dad to two boys, 9 and 5, in Iowa.

Hope you find what you're looking for and feel free to add your thoughts and wisodm along the way, it's what makes this place work!

Look forward to getting to know you.

RaisingAPrince

Feb 27, 2012
Ohio
We did purchase a Leapfrog Leappad Explorer Tablet for him, we're hoping that helps. I'm mostly concerned about the ear popping. I know I always have issued when flying and I'm nervous that he will too. I'm taking down notes on any tricks/tips I've come across!

IADad

Super Moderator
Feb 23, 2009
Iowa
We took DS1 to California when he was 4 and were concerned about how to keep him occupied the whole trip, Ended up he watched one movie and napped and that was it, the excitement and the early morning departure times played well into that.

RaisingAPrince

Feb 27, 2012
Ohio
I'm hoping the excitement helps us! He's never flown before so it should. Unfortunately, we have an evening flight so napping probably won't be an option. I figure snacks and the new computer should help. *Crosses fingers*

momtoallkids

PF Enthusiast
Feb 20, 2012
agawam,ma
night flights can be cool cuz you can see all the lights below you if its clear out. as for the ear popping, try ear plugs. if not, after they pop, have him drink something. swallowing usually resets that

mom2many

Super Moderator
Jul 3, 2008
melba, Idaho
Welcome to the board! I dont travel much with my kids but we did a few flighgtsbwhen the older were younger. Evening is good, snacks and coloring books were a life saver and patience on your part lol