new pics...

ElliottCarasDad

PF Addict
Sep 10, 2008
Iowa
a kid and and his baby snowman...

E and his cochlear implant on activation day...

E sporting his "bionic" ear...

"Happy" and "Happy" and "Whatever dad, just take the picture!"

Xero

PF Deity
Mar 20, 2008
PA
Awww omg the baby snowman is so friggin cute lol. And so are the kids, of course! I can't believe how big they're getting, just blows my mind every time. They're both a couple cutie pies too. How is the implant working for Elliott? Does he like it? Can you take it off or does it always stay on? Is he hearing really well with it?

ElliottCarasDad

PF Addict
Sep 10, 2008
Iowa
Xero said:
Awww omg the baby snowman is so friggin cute lol. And so are the kids, of course! I can't believe how big they're getting, just blows my mind every time. They're both a couple cutie pies too. How is the implant working for Elliott? Does he like it? Can you take it off or does it always stay on? Is he hearing really well with it?
lol, thanks!

He seems to be doing well with it so far. It will take a while for him to get totally used to it and adjusted to get the right sounds. It constantly has be adjusted in sensitivity as his brain gets used to the input so we have to go back next month then a few months after that.

The part you see on the outside comes off. The part on his ear is just hanging there and the top part connected to the cord is held in place with a magnet through his scalp.