Nihcole blood work.. Update...

Kaytee

PF Deity
Apr 9, 2007
Texas
So all of her blood work came back normal! I am starting to think these docs are just quacks and need to leave my baby alone! lol
I am waiting for a call from the GI today about what the next step. Iknow they are talking about a biopsy but I see no reason why a perfectly healthy acting toddler needs to be put under ansthesia!! I just can't see any reason to do it.
So we have decided that we are taking the conservative approach and will just monitor her weight gain over the next few months. Obviously if she loses weight or whatever we will talk again but..
I just think that she is fine and just a tiny girl. I mean they are so concerned about that damn growth curve but no child stays exaclty on one percentile and when you are in the 3rd percentile for a year and then drop some well there is no place to go but below the curve!! Imean no one would freak out about a child in the 50th percentile dropping to the 40th!!
We still have an appointment on the 9th of January so...

fallon

Super Moderator
Jul 19, 2007
Michigan
I think you are doing the right thing...as long as she's a happy healthy girl that's what's important. I would do the samething in your shoes

Kim

PF Fiend
Apr 3, 2007
St. Louis, MO
I agree too - a biopsy on an internal organ when all the bloodwork came back normal? Thanks, but no thanks. I would wait for some more indicators that the biopsy is necessary.

fallon

Super Moderator
Jul 19, 2007
Michigan
you know what's best for your baby, nobody will ever know her like you do so to hell with anybody who says you're doing the wrong thing

Kaytee

PF Deity
Apr 9, 2007
Texas
hannah's mommy said:
I agree too - a biopsy on an internal organ when all the bloodwork came back normal? Thanks, but no thanks. I would wait for some more indicators that the biopsy is necessary.
thats why they want to do the biopsy is because it is all normal. Not all the tests are 100% like celiac is only 40% accurate kinda thing.

musicmom

PF Visionary
Dec 4, 2007
I missed what was wrong.
My littlest had an eye kept on her for being small. She's totally healthy. She is still very skinny but tall. They tried to pull that "chart" crap with me.

Kaytee

PF Deity
Apr 9, 2007
Texas
well she has had diarrhea or more very loose stool then diarrhea for a year now. So we were reffered to a GI, when I weaned her from nursing she lost weight and they believe it is due to her body was able to digest the breastmilk but not the food she was eating. Her weight was never an issue until recently. She has only gained 6 oz in 6 months. and being that she is 23 months old she is tiny. She weighs 21 lbs and is in size 9-12 month clothes. But she has always been tiny. Born 6lbs 12 oz at 42 weeks gestation.

musicmom

PF Visionary
Dec 4, 2007
My girls weighed 6.2 and 6.5. They are very tall but they can still wear 2 toddler shorts. I think I told you that your little girl reminded me of my littlest twin. Did you try giving her pediasure? Mine also had a hard time adjust from breast to milk. I pumped for a while. When my daughters were 2 months old they had cereal (oatmeal) in her bottle with breastmilk. Eventually I switched to some formula that was $20 a can and that worked until I could gratually work them up to whole milk. They are all VERY skinny but are healthy, strong and bright.

Kaytee

PF Deity
Apr 9, 2007
Texas
no, she eats fine and drinks well. I have no problems with her eating fruits and veggies and even meat. I know many a toddler that won't touch meat. She eats whatever we do and even like onions and green peppers which I think is nasty. So I am not concerened with her food intake, its more of a problem getting the nutrients form the food itself.
We don't do cows milk with her very regularily. Once or twice a week, other then that she gets water and almond milk. And about once a week apple juice