No is funny????...

fallon

Super Moderator
Jul 19, 2007
Michigan
so Logan is 9 months old now and in to everything. He is very mobile and will probably be walking in the next few months. The biggest problem is he laughs so hard everytime I tell him "no", it doesn't matter how sturn of a voice I use. Normal????

fallon

Super Moderator
Jul 19, 2007
Michigan
haha...very funny. I don't mean normal like he may need help, I just don't remember debralyn laughing her butt off at NO...she cried everytime. This kid thinks it's the funniest thing he's ever heard and will do it again just hear me tell him no again

FooserX

PF Addict
Jul 11, 2007
Denver
Well you could have fun with it and experiment?

Like...what does he do if you say the word "so!" or "blow!"

Or maybe you could say "no" when he's not doing anything at all?

Maybe he's born to be bad, and doesn't like authority?

Aww...maybe you're raising a little future fooser!! :) *tear*

Lissa

PF Visionary
Sep 12, 2007
Try using the word "stop." Oliver used to laugh too when I said "no" because he thought I was playing a game with him. He listens to stop, but not to no.

1dayatatime

PF Addict
Oct 3, 2007
AZ
Lissa said:
Try using the word "stop." Oliver used to laugh too when I said "no" because he thought I was playing a game with him. He listens to stop, but not to no.
Duh. Thanks Lissa. Havoc does the same thing to no. It's frustrating cause hes just so darn cute when he laughs. I'll be saying stop tomorrow for sure. Good luck Fallon. I bet our boys would get along great. ;)

fallon

Super Moderator
Jul 19, 2007
Michigan
I think I'm going to try stop too. It's so hard to not laugh at him so smile when he laughs it's just to cute, but he's in to everything. I can't imagine what's going to happen when he starts walking. His favorite thing to do now when he's in his walker is get a running start and ram into the backs of your legs. He chases his sister around the house hitting her with the walker and craking up everytime.

Kaytee

PF Deity
Apr 9, 2007
Texas
stop is a very good idea, the less you say the word the less they will say no. Nichole didn't get into the no to everything phase till just recently

other words: don't you do that, stop that hurts mommy, things like that

fallon

Super Moderator
Jul 19, 2007
Michigan
for the record...stop and don't are just as funny as no in this house...lol

maybe it's my tone????

fallon

Super Moderator
Jul 19, 2007
Michigan
I think stop may even be getting funnier as the day goes on, I'm going to stick with stop and don't from now on anyways but holy cow...he's a trip. Good thing he's so damn cute...lol

1dayatatime

PF Addict
Oct 3, 2007
AZ
I agree. Stop is working here. At least long enough to turn and look at me then go back to digging in the trash. LOL

Kaytee

PF Deity
Apr 9, 2007
Texas
redirecting is the key! I had to take Nichole out of the dog food soooo many times every day

1dayatatime

PF Addict
Oct 3, 2007
AZ
Our poor dogs food is on the counter. I gave up on redirecting that paticular item. When Havoc sleeps or is in the high chair or we leave I put Beebops food down.

fallon

Super Moderator
Jul 19, 2007
Michigan
lol...I keep saying to Ryan..."the key is in redirection" than I take the baby to do something else. as soon as I turn my back to grab a new toy he heads straight to entertainment center...lol although it is the only thing that works the majority of the time. I am seriously redirecting all day long...lol

Kaytee

PF Deity
Apr 9, 2007
Texas
lol, yep I am still doing that too. Our newest one is is Nichole getting the presents out from under the tree and bring them to me and saying "Nichole's present, open it please"

I had to keep our dogs food up for a long time as well, but they could have stood to lose a few pounds