No sleep...

superman

PF Fiend
Aug 23, 2010
Canada
I've been awake for the last 44 hours.
Sleep hasn't been good the past week or so, now not able to..

Cannot keep concentration :mad:

singledad

PF Addict
Oct 26, 2009
South Africa
Nope, not prescription. Basically, it supplements your body's natural hormones that regulate your circadian rhythms. That's why you have to take it every night for a few nights before it really becomes effective.

Look for it under the dietary supplements.

mom2many

Super Moderator
Jul 3, 2008
melba, Idaho
I should get some. I have had insomnia for over a week now. Heck tonight even my little ones are still awake. Must be something in the air LOL

MomoJA

PF Fiend
Feb 18, 2011
I would agree about melatonin, but I've never taken it regularly, only when I'm going to be facing jet lag. Maybe I should start taking it daily.

I've had insomnia all my life and I've found the only thing to do is to stop fighting it. When I'm faced with it, I try to do something productive. It doesn't help with the tiredness the next day, though I generally don't feel that, but it completely evaporates the frustration, and I get a lot of stuff done I might otherwise need to stay up late the next day and do.

singledad

PF Addict
Oct 26, 2009
South Africa
I've also had chronic insomnia for most of my adult life, and because I can't really take ordinary sleep meds, I ended up trying Melatonin. It has worked wonders for me. :) Some people say that it works from the first dose, but I've always found that it takes 3 or 4 days before it reaches 100% efficacy.

stjohnjulie

PF Addict
Aug 9, 2010
St. John, VI
Who knew we all have such sleep problems! Sorry you can't rest superman. It really messes with you when you can't get your zzz's in.

I've been doing better with the sleep. I rarely get up before 4am now. But not getting up early doesn't leave me much time for this forum :( That part I don't like.

asiangirlytoes

Oct 22, 2011
Chicago, IL
Make a small fist size amount of oatmeal with hot milk, mash some banana into it, and drizzle a small amount of honey on top, you will be o-u-t. If that doesnt work, drink two big glasses of wine. cheers

RACH30G

Oct 3, 2011
Western PA
I third the melatonin suggestion! After taking it try reading until your eyes are closing on their own! I have used melatonin, it is very safe and natural with no horrible drowsy feelings in the morning.

melanie harte

Oct 26, 2011
thats awful. what about Nytol to help you?

more to the point, what is bothering you so much thats keeping you awake.
resolve this issue first. then the sleep will come.

superman

PF Fiend
Aug 23, 2010
Canada
melanie harte said:
thats awful. what about Nytol to help you?

more to the point, what is bothering you so much thats keeping you awake.
resolve this issue first. then the sleep will come.
It's nothing I can resolve

NancyM

PF Addict
Jul 2, 2010
New York
you've made a big change in your physical life SM, just go with it and try not to focus on it, also buy some melatonin like many have suggested, your body needs to kind of reshape itself I think.

This is probably obvious but a little exercise would also help, like take the baby and James for a long walk. another plus ...babies are chick magnates lol

keep telling us how your doing ok.

Hang in there and keep doing what your doing, you will sleep eventually.