Not sure what to do with Sasha...

TabascoNatalie

PF Addict
Jun 1, 2009
England and somewhere else
Since i have to deal with quite similar situations lately, i'd say... Things like that -- getting stuck, climbing too high, etc. -- now get unstuck or manage to climb down just like you managed to get there. :rolleyes: maybe won't work like that at school, but at home it can. Also would give your child some survival skills ;)

SheliaWilkerson

Aug 6, 2013
Sydney
Let her grow to a point when she will realize that all her activities are a bit embarrassing and then she will automatically stop. Don't worry, Happens with kids who are a bit creative and try hard to find something new. Good sign i guess.

mamabea

Oct 11, 2013
Mid-Michigan
I went back and read some of the other things you posted about your son. It sounds like he has a fun-loving personality with an adventurous touch. I don't think he needs to be punished. But I do see how his antics could be dangerous. I think redirecting him would be a good idea. Something creative. Get some science experiment books, magic books, game books. Or get him a movie camera. He could get a lot out of iCarly that he would enjoy, about doing silly things on a camera. The things they do are hardly dangerous or mean spirited.
Your child sounds well adjusted and hilarious. I am curious, how do you handle the school calls and meetings? Are you getting to the point where you role your eyes and/or laugh when they call you? What are their suggestions?

cybele

PF Addict
Feb 27, 2012
Australia
mamabea said:
I am curious, how do you handle the school calls and meetings? Are you getting to the point where you role your eyes and/or laugh when they call you? What are their suggestions?
Not at all. I am aware that is behaviour is generally not appropriate for school and I appreciate them keeping me in the loop. It's their job to educate him, not deal with him being silly.

At the moment they have him doing some 'special jobs' to occupy him, and once a week I have a meeting with him and his teacher where he tells us how he thinks his behaviour at school has been that week and where he thinks he needs to improve. These meetings have been quite interesting I must say.

mamabea

Oct 11, 2013
Mid-Michigan
I just reread my post and realized I sounded a bit judgey about how you were handling the situation. I really didn't mean to sound that way. I was just curious.
You're lucky to have a teacher that works with you to come up with ways to help rather than just punishing him.

Anna61

Oct 19, 2014
It sounds just like my son!!! He is now 19 and realizes that he can't live off other people's laughter alone. Unless he becomes an actor or a stand up comedian. My concern was that he learned to get around school rules by using his people skills to the point that he was never written up for things that other kids were reprimanded for.

Sometimes I would get lucky and he would get a teacher who loved his sense of humor. Other times I would get a call from a concerned teacher (with NOOO sense of humor). My son loved carpooling or going on the school bus. There was his audience with no chance to escape.

Looking back, I should have put him in acting or improv. He is now in college and delivers pizza at night. The tips he gets are incredible (anything in sales is great for people like him) and he invests his money in the stock market. So please don't worry too much. We all need people like him. You just have to figure out a way to channel that energy or bottle it up and sell it. This doesn't mean that I would let him get away with stuff. If he gets in trouble, he has to suffer the consequences. If Sasha was my son, he would have to pay for fence repair for instance. If he is like my son, it would still be worth it.

coreb2team4

Oct 31, 2014
Hello!

Please take this survey if you are a parent of children between the ages of 2-7 years old! My team and I currently doing a semester long project for a new product and we need survey results!

https://qtrial2014az1.az1.qualtrics.com/SE/?SID=SV_3mDwmHGs3GgS6up[/url]

Thanks in advance!