Nuk...

macoops

PF Regular
Jan 4, 2011
Wisconsin
Any ideas on how to keep a pacifier in my kids mouth? lol. He can't keep it in! He'll suck on it for three sucks then spit it out/ it falls out. He's sucking on his hands and drooling EVERYWHERE! ick

Xero

PF Deity
Mar 20, 2008
PA
Get him the next size up! :) I remember that was happening like crazy when my DS was that age, and I didn't understand it. He was using the 0-6 month size binky and it would fall right out constantly it drove me nuts. I switched to the 6+ months size and he kept it in his mouth so much better! :D

ElliottCarasDad

PF Addict
Sep 10, 2008
Iowa
I would buy a bunch of different ones if that doesnt cost you too much and see what works.
But be forewarned, you'll be back searching for ways to get him off the binky in a few years, LOL!

ponymom

Mar 9, 2011
my eldest would suck on the pacifier right away, the youngest won't touch it. It just depends on the kid. I agree with the brand change though. Sometimes they like a different shape. My eldest liked the Avent brand ones.

MomoJA

PF Fiend
Feb 18, 2011
The nurse put one in my daughter's mouth when she was a few hours old while they were taking her blood. She stuck to that thing like a tree frog to a sliding glass door, so I didn't have your problem. But there were some brands that seemed to fit better than others, so that's a good suggestion. However, after a few months, she would refuse any but her favorite brand, so when you find one that you both like, get a lot of extras. They have a habit of disappearing when you need them most.