Occupation...

IADad

Super Moderator
Feb 23, 2009
Iowa
Jeremy+3 said:
IADad, you need to master the art of 'working' in the study, or just nipping to the 'shops'.
yeah, Jeremy, afraid she's on to that...sometimes if I go run errands I do have horrible luck getting stuck at train crossings....;-)

now, on the positive side, she did call me today and said she thought we needed to stock up on "adult juice" as our 8 yo calls it. She thought we deserve it. So, it's off to the liqour store after work...maybe a Vodka Martini by the fire tonight...

IADad

Super Moderator
Feb 23, 2009
Iowa
singledad said:
Haha, I have yet to work on a system where "it must be user friendly" isn't one of the requirements... and I have yet to get a good definition of what "user friendly" means.

I have a good answer for "make the system faster" though... buy a bigger server. Problem solved :D <SIZE size="75">(What did you say about budget? Budget shmuget. That's the PM's problem.)</SIZE>
now, to turn the tables on you...;-) I am well aware that you guys have dice that are specifically used for determining estimates...and I'm so tired of hearing the defense, "It works on my machine...." recently we've had a rash of developers asking for information that been documented and communicated for months...so you scream for documentation, but when it's there you don't read it...(not necessarily you personally, but "your type.") I'm on to you!

thettt86

Jun 26, 2010
south florida
I am a 6 year dodge chrysler jeep tech that is burnt out on wrenching. Went to EMT school and graduated and was going on to fire academy untill I was offered a parts manager position at the same dealership. Making a good amount of $$$ so ill just do this.

singledad

PF Addict
Oct 26, 2009
South Africa
IADad said:
now, to turn the tables on you...;-) I am well aware that you guys have dice that are specifically used for determining estimates...and I'm so tired of hearing the defense, "It works on my machine...." recently we've had a rash of developers asking for information that been documented and communicated for months...so you scream for documentation, but when it's there you don't read it...(not necessarily you personally, but "your type.") I'm on to you!
Haha, well, we know we need the documentation, but we hate reading it almost as much as we hate writing it... its so much easier just to ask :eek:.
As for estimates - I believe in the the pi rule: You guestimate how long it will take you, and then you multiply it with pi...

But I have sympathy with you for the "but it works on my machine!" thing - at the previous place where I worked I was responsible for integrating everyone else's stuff and getting it all to work on one server. I heard that excuse at least once a week. :rolleyes:

Mama2aBIGbrood

Jun 24, 2010
I was a preschool teacher but I am now a SAHM and I homeschool.

My husband is a physical therapist and special education teacher.

Orlando

Sep 27, 2021
If you have any questions on how to conduct ecommerce accounting UK, ask them and you will be answered in twenty four hours, i leave the link https://osome.com/uk/accounting/ecommerce/, don't waste this valuable resource. You can get quality work only from them and with their help you can improve your level of work.