Oh My God Oh My God!!...

Xero

PF Deity
Mar 20, 2008
PA
<SIZE size="200"><U>OH MY GOD GUYS MY BABY JUST WENT PEE PEE IN THE POTTY!!!! OH MY FREAKING GOD!!!!!!!!!!!!

</U>
</SIZE>I was giving him a bath, his first bubble bath by the way, which he loved!! And we were in there for a while and once I got him out I was holding him in my lap (naked cause I was being lazy) and out of nowhere he looks uncomfortable and starts trying to get down (its been probably a year since he's ever pee'd on me, like if I was changing his diaper or something and I think he just KNOWS) and it was like I could tell, and my first thought was oh I have to put a diaper on him! And then I stopped and I was like - wait. If he knows he has to pee, and is holding it to get somewhere else, maybe he'd go in his potty? Sounds like he knows enough already to me. So I yelled for Steve to get his potty, and as he was getting it and I was holding Eli, a teeny bit kinda leaked out of him lol and he he whined because I was taking too long to let him down (he was saying "up up up up". He doesn't know down let lol) and when Steve brought the potty in I set him on it and he looked at me funny and I said "Pee pee in the potty? Pee pee in the potty like mommy and daddy?" Then he pee'd a full pee in there!!!! And I screamed and fipped out and we did a little dance and yelled and laughed and said yay, and I'm still freaking out!! After that he walked around and then said "Pee!!" and he ran to the potty (I had emptied and dried it out by now) and he went AGAIN!!!!! I can NOT believe it, I never dreamed he'd be interested at all at this point.

<SIZE size="200"><SIZE size="125">HOLY FREAKING CRAP!!!!</SIZE></SIZE>

<SIZE size="200"><SIZE size="125">So what do you guys think?? Should I leave him naked and let him keep trying to make it???? I don't know!!! </SIZE></SIZE>

Music-dad

PF Addict
Apr 22, 2008
Right here. Right now.
Awesome!!! Woohoo!

As I have a girl, I'm not sure I'll be of too much use...but with K, instead of naked, we started her in regular panties...sure we had a few messes, but we let her know that "panties" are a real big step in becomming a big girl...that sorta motivated her.

And most of you know why I came here in the first place ...(those little "accidents" a year later - hahaha)

All good now....other than getting her to flush...but I've been on her about it, and tonight she yells to me "Daddy....you're about to hear something great" ...FLUSHHHHHHHHHHHH! "Wasn't that cool Daddy?" :)

Xero

PF Deity
Mar 20, 2008
PA
LOL she's so cute. Yeah, I could get him some big boy undies. Maybe I will! :) I'm not sure if he'd understand that they're different or not yet, but who knows lol.

Music-dad

PF Addict
Apr 22, 2008
Right here. Right now.
Xero said:
LOL she's so cute. Yeah, I could get him some big boy undies. Maybe I will! :) I'm not sure if he'd understand that they're different or not yet, but who knows lol.
I think for K it was more the "free'r feeling" than caring what it really was.

Xero

PF Deity
Mar 20, 2008
PA
Thank you Dadu!!

Music-Dad - Yeah, I bet that's it. You know, I can't decide between underpants, naked, or pull ups lol. What is best???? Ah!!! I need some massive potty training advice, anything you guys can give me I could use.

Music-dad

PF Addict
Apr 22, 2008
Right here. Right now.
Pull ups are great too...we did use them on outings (just to avoid any embarassing situations), and in the car etc...but pretty much panties at home, so essentially we did a combination.

It did take a while, I won't kid ya...but one day it just catches on, and your work here is done, so to speak.

<I>It's almost over Xero...hang in there baby!</I>

Xero

PF Deity
Mar 20, 2008
PA
Thank youuu!!! xD

Oh man haha, this is going to be hard, I've never potty trained anything. Except a cat, and they kinda go on their own. I wish it was like that with toddlers - "here's the potty, that's where your pee goes, flush when you're done!" and there it is. lol!!

I'm glad I have other experienced potty trainers to talk to. (not to mention super nice people)

Thanks Music-dad! :)

mom2many

Super Moderator
Jul 3, 2008
melba, Idaho
That sounds just like Cole, I had just taken him out of the bath and new I would be a minute so I told him not to pee-pee on my floor. Next thing I knew he was sitting down and going pee in his potty. I never looked back and within a week or two he was done. I always do naked first, then put on undies, I rarely ever use pull-ups, gives the little ones the wrong idea, they are after all a diaperd.

Good luck Eli and Zero, nothing like a diaper free little one!

Xero

PF Deity
Mar 20, 2008
PA
Thank you that's so encouraging! I bought him some underwear today, they're so cute lol. I'm going to go with naked for a bit first though, seems good to me. I'll let him get the hang of it and then try him with the underwear. I agree that pull-ups are diapers, and the idea sounds like it wouldn't be too successful to me, so I'll probably stay away from them unless we're out or whatever. :)

bssage

Super Moderator
Oct 20, 2008
Iowa
Here's a little advice. Its a little early since he's using a potty chair. But soon you will be plopping him down an a regular toilet. You cant carry the potty chair everwere.

If you familiar with the term "how's it hanging" well its not hanging on a little boy. On most normal toilets there is a gap between the front of the seat and the bowl. A little boy will project a stream at a 90deg angle to his body when sitting allowing that stream to shoot directly between the toilet lid and bowl onto your leg. This is first hand knowledge. I didnt know DS was peeing on my leg until my shoe and jean leg was soaked. And I dont generally carry a change of clothes for myself when I go out. Yourself and BF need to stand AT THE SIDE NOT THE FRONT when putting him on a big toilet.

Xero

PF Deity
Mar 20, 2008
PA
LMAO

It's cool bssage, his potty chair has a pee-pee protector, if you will lol, that keeps that from happening. It's like a plastic cup-cover that sits in front of his little area. The seat on his potty chair also turns into a seat that goes on top of the toilet (so he fits more comfortably on the big potty when he starts to use it with his little bum on a big hole). So he'll have the pee-pee protector for as long as he sits on that lol. But yeah, I figured as much haha thanks.

bssage

Super Moderator
Oct 20, 2008
Iowa
Ahh I remember it like it was yesterday. for some goofy reason DS thinks he has to take his pants completely off to go #1 or #2 anyway I was trying to ballence his shoes on the stall and my leg starts to feel strangely warm.

The funniest bathroom story I recall was when DS was first born I was sitting in a chair next to DW's bed and his Nana was changing him. She had just removed the diaper when BLAM!I like to call it the shotgun sht. The whole end of that clear plexiglass bassinet #2 and her..........................hmmmmmmmmm it was like a really bad U tube video,,,,,,,,,,,,, Good times

Mama2Boys

Mar 31, 2009
Capistrano Beach
Yeah for you!!
How wonderful! You should definitely keep helping Eli to get to the potty. You're exactly right--keep him naked from the waist down, and make sure he knows how to gesture to you when it's time to go pee. When you need to go out, just put him in elastic waist pants and nothing else--using a pull-up feels exactly like a diaper and he'll use it the same way, too. You're on your way. Great job, mom!

Mama2Boys

Mar 31, 2009
Capistrano Beach
Potty-training is a huge under-taking...for EVERYONE in the family! It took me almost 15 months with my first son, and then with my second, I started at 13 months, and the process was MUCH easier. I've since learned that studies show that the older a child is, the more of a struggle training becomes. At the risk of breaking the rules by advertising my blog, I did write about the process of early potty-training at length, and all the rewards and benefits that come with it. It can be a very loving journey you make with your child! If you would like to learn more, drop me a note and I'll direct you to it.
In the meantime, give yourself a pat on the back! You're listening to your son (very respectful), you're following your heart (all good mommies do!) and you're helping the environment by using less diapers (everyone wins!)

16th ave.

PF Addict
Jan 4, 2009
East Texas
just got to this.<I>
<SIZE size="200">
Awesome!!!!!
<FONT font="Tahoma">
</SIZE>
<SIZE size="200"><FONT font="Tahoma"><SIZE size="100"> just because ya don't use the pullups at home they do come in handy for road trips, just in case and maybe naptime, bedtime if ely needs a little extra time and has outgrown the diapers.
but don't forget: Always be consistent however ya decide to potty train him. and good luck!
</SIZE>
</SIZE><SIZE size="200">
</SIZE>
</I>