Oklahoma Couple Want to Return Troubled Adopted Son to State...

Jeremy+3

PF Addict
Apr 18, 2009
Nottinghamshire
Oh, I only just saw this.
Here it is quite common for people to return foster children to the care system, effectively, swappsies. However, here by the time a child has adopted they have normally been living for you for around three years, so either you have caused the bad behavior, or you've had long enough to change it.

Anyone who thinks a child in the care system hasn't suffered abuse which causes psychological effects are in my opinion not even naive, but a bit stupid.

Xero

PF Deity
Mar 20, 2008
PA
I just watched the video...

That poor baby...

He was 9 when they adopted him. What were they thinking? That there would be nothing wrong with him? They should be ashamed of themselves. That poor boy was clearly abused and had a hard life before he got there with them. And now he's being rejected because of what happened to him? He's NOT going to be normal, and they should have thought of that. He needs them. And they're throwing him away like so much trash.

Its so sad, I could cry. If my mom that adopted me was anything like this couple, I would have been thrown out a long time ago let me tell you. :(

16th ave.

PF Addict
Jan 4, 2009
East Texas
tend to agree. what really got me is that they did know from the beginning the boy had problems and would probably develop even more.
these people understood and knew from the beginning that it could be hard raising this little boy.

mom2many

Super Moderator
Jul 3, 2008
melba, Idaho
While my heart does break for what these parents are going through, I feel that once you adopt it is for life, no different then when we give birth to a child.

Needing the states help is one thing, handing over your child like yesterdays newspaper is another. They claim they love him, but if you truley loved him you would not be giving up, you would be fighting to the bitter end to make things right for him. It doesn't take a rocket scientist to know that children are in the foster care system for a reason, most are there because of abuse....not all, my sister was in the system but she had behaviour problem and they had her in a special placement home, but she wasn't abused, those cases are rare, and it did sorda help her.

I just feel bad for this boy, I have to admit I would be afraid of him also, but I would not give up on him. I had a period where I was very afraid of Ted and for Ted, BUT he was my son...period.

I don't see that with these parents.