OMG! Flooded Bathroom!!!...

artmom

PF Fanatic
Feb 26, 2015
Canada
My daughter was home sick today and I had to work my shift later that day so I was having mid morning/afternoon nap. An hour after I fell asleep, my daughter wakes me up. I could barely understand what she was saying. I thought I heard the phone and she was saying that the phone was for me. But no. She was telling me the toilet was flooding. I thought it was the toilet just refusing to stop running because the plug in the tank was askew as it always does. I go in the bathroom and there is a lake on the entire floor. I live in a upstairs suite, so I was concerned it was leaking onto their ceiling. I haven't gotten any calls from them or the caretakers, thank goodness. But it took 3 big towels to clean it up. It's not a big bathroom, at least. But when inspecting the toilet, the plug was off and the hose was out of it's place so when I opened the tank all this water sprayed on me. Then after getting it all cleaned up, of course I have to wash the floor and disinfect it because she had just done a #2. No turds on the floor, though. That is a bit of a relief.

I really need a new toilet. But I'm very hesitant. Those are not cheap and the landlord and management agency LOVES to try and make a HUGE profit off of repairs and I really don't want to risk an even bigger rent hike than this years.
Sigh*. It's just one of those days.

page16

PF Enthusiast
Oct 20, 2014
Yeah I know the feeling. I have had problems with my toilet for months now, but I own the house, so got to take care of is myself. We used to rent the house before we bought it, the landlord was super good to us. I think it's hit or miss with landlords.