Opinions Please - Could it be ADHD?...

Lissa

PF Visionary
Sep 12, 2007
lancastd said:
Obviously this forum is not going to be of much help to me. Thank you to those who provided honest replies. I'm off to find another forum where I can actually communicate with others who have been where we are with my DS.

To the rest of you have fun and good luck raising your children. Seems like you all are terrific parents!
Why are you leaving? :(

SpitNCobra13

PF Fanatic
Oct 21, 2007
Upper Midwest
FooserX said:
While I think SpitNCobra (what does that name mean, btw?) has a view that is a little extreme towards school...I think he is probably the poster that I agree with most on this thread.

Everything you say about your son screams normal.

I went to an ADHD site, and all of the "symptoms" of ADHD...everyone has.

It's dumb to label him as having a disorder when it's probably just the teacher not able to control her class. It's kinda funny that he can be normal and focus when he want to away from school... no?
I have a gap in my front teeth where I can spit incredible distances-true story!!

FionnaK

PF Regular
Feb 18, 2008
New York
SpitNCobra13 said:
My Personal belief is that all institutionalized education is extremely detrimental to a person. I understand that it is a radical belief, but it is what I believe, and if you research some of my posts, or search for "unschooling" here or on the web, you will find out more about it. Its not that I don't respect you enough to post, its just that every week or so someone that doesn't know what Ive posted questions it, so its probably easier to just search it :)
I pretty much agree with you. I don't think it is all bad, but I think there is more bad than good for many people.

Ari2

PF Fiend
Jan 7, 2008
lancastd said:
Obviously this forum is not going to be of much help to me. Thank you to those who provided honest replies. I'm off to find another forum where I can actually communicate with others who have been where we are with my DS.

To the rest of you have fun and good luck raising your children. Seems like you all are terrific parents!
I'm sorry you are leaving, but I can understand frustration with your thread being hijacked. I hope you try again and that next time folks are more able to stay on topic, or mods are more willing to steer the posts back to the topic earlier. Funny back-and-forth definitely livens up a thread, but I imagine it is less amusing when you are searching for help for your child.