Opinions Please - Could it be ADHD?...

fallon

Super Moderator
Jul 19, 2007
Michigan
Freezer said:
Once again maybe it just me, but there is something about deceiving others intentionally that rubs me wrong even if the intent is to educate.
are you sure?

lancastd

Feb 20, 2008
Freezer said:
Hmm, maybe it is just me, but I think person who started this thread has a indepth knowledge on this subject. In my business, we all it a "Persona".
I'm sorry you feel this way. I'm by no means an expert on this subject or trying to educate others. I'm just not wanting to jump to conclusions that my son has ADD/ADHD or any other "brain disorder" as his teacher put it.

I posted here genuinely looking for opinions on this subject. Maybe from other parents who've gone through this themselves or teachers who've had children in their class rooms exhibiting similar behaviors as my son.

As a parent I may just be in denial or making up excuses for my son but honestly I believe he acts differently at school than he does here at home (or in the previous years).

is he emotionally disconnected or just has too short an attention span to connect with people in a conversation.
My DS is definitely not emotionally disconnected and has no problem having conversations with anyone. He's very out going and makes friends very easy. He's generally happy although lately he occassionally seems down but he's very easy to cheer up when he gets like that.

As for the portion of my post quoted about him staring off into space again, this is the first year this has been mentioned by any teacher and he's never done this at home. He does admit he does it at school but immediately followed up by telling me he'll be working and hear another "interesting" conversation and start listening to it instead of working without looking at them.

lancastd

Feb 20, 2008
FionnaK said:
I just wonder why this is all coming out now though. Many people I have met with ADHD have had major issues in school from the start. So why now is it suddenly a problem? Can ADHD "strike" at any time?
I guess this is kinda my question too.

lancastd

Feb 20, 2008
FooserX said:
It's dumb to label him as having a disorder when it's probably just the teacher not able to control her class. It's kinda funny that he can be normal and focus when he want to away from school... no?
I'm so glad you're understanding where I'm coming from. What he does do here at home, for instance, if he's working on his homework he'll do what he's suppose to but if I leave the room or walk outside he'll get up to try and watch tv or antagonize his sister. Then of course when I come back he'll run back over to start working on his homework like he's suppose to be but to me that typical kid, isn't it?

Lissa

PF Visionary
Sep 12, 2007
FooserX said:
Of course not...those would be too normal for you.

You probably use panhandles or shampoo bottles.

You are one sick puppy.
This peeking through my windows at night has to STOP!!

musicmom

PF Visionary
Dec 4, 2007
FooserX said:
Of course not...those would be too normal for you.

You probably use panhandles or shampoo bottles.

*shakes his head in disgust*
ewww You are going too far again Fooser.:eek:

FooserX

PF Addict
Jul 11, 2007
Denver
Lissa said:
You actually thought that was ME? :laugh:
Now that you mention it...there were no faces!

I don't know...I just figured with all the cellulite and hemmroids it had to be you.

lancastd

Feb 20, 2008
Obviously this forum is not going to be of much help to me. Thank you to those who provided honest replies. I'm off to find another forum where I can actually communicate with others who have been where we are with my DS.

To the rest of you have fun and good luck raising your children. Seems like you all are terrific parents!