Our new pet...

Dadu2004

PF Visionary
May 16, 2008
Cleveland, OH
So, we have this female deer that is incredibly friendly. She roams around the apartment complext and people feed and pet her, then she goes back into the woods. It's really fun and cool to sit and pet and feed a wild animal!

16th ave.

PF Addict
Jan 4, 2009
East Texas
awww. cooool

be careful of them there hooves! jk,

last summer when we lived at the lake house (b4 we moved back to the rat trap) there were tons of deer, some with some serious looking antlers. you could almost walk up and knock 'em upside the head with a hammer if ya wanted. deer meat aint too bad from what i hear. anyways, it wasn't unusual to be outside and look up and see a dear staring right at ya or go around a turn and find several crossing the street.

the wild life is pretty cool.
since she's so tame --is there a nature preserve sort of thing nearby that she might have come from? or has it been a bad year for finding enough to eat?

Xero

PF Deity
Mar 20, 2008
PA
Omg that's so crazy!! lol I can't believe it, just some random deer, coming out to make friends haha. That is so freakin random. She's pretty cute, too! The kids must really get a kick out of that. Wow.

IADad

Super Moderator
Feb 23, 2009
Iowa
wow, I thought ours were tame when they get within 6 feet of the porch...but they're nowhere close to letting anyone pet them....

I'd consider naming her - Venison....LOL!

seriously, I'd feed the ones in our yard, if they'd leave the hostas and trees alone, come on guys can we strike a deal here?

fallon

Super Moderator
Jul 19, 2007
Michigan
very cool but the mommy in feels like I need to tell to please watch carefully for ticks. Deer carry tons of them and they can be very harmful to health of humans

Trina

PF Addict
Jun 10, 2007
CT
We often see deer in our yard. As beautiful as they are, we don't feed them or even attempt to get close. As mentioned, they carry ticks and there is a very high rate of Lyme disease in my area. They also eat all my flowers! LOL!