Overplayed movies?...

yunihara

PF Enthusiast
Nov 22, 2010
Nebraska
I'm curious, but does anyone else have children that play a particular movie so much you've memorized it? My kids are driving me crazy :p

Xero

PF Deity
Mar 20, 2008
PA
For sure! I swear my son likes watching movies repetitively more than he likes to see new ones lol. The ones I have memorized are Cars, Ponyo, and Wall-E. There's a lot of shows too lol, he has a couple of favorite Thomas the Train shows I know by heart. :p

yunihara

PF Enthusiast
Nov 22, 2010
Nebraska
My ten year old daughter is completely obsessed with Jesus Christ Superstar. She has watched it every day for the past week, I swear. I might actually prefer Alvin and the Chipmunks at this point lol.

Antoinette

PF Addict
Mar 2, 2010
Australia
Bob the builder gets played over and over and over and over again all day long. it finishes and he starts it all over again lol

sbattisti

PF Fanatic
Jun 14, 2010
My kids are older now, but for a while I could recite several SpongeBob episodes rote. "Emperor's New Groove" was one movie that got heavy rotation back in the day. :)

ElliottCarasDad

PF Addict
Sep 10, 2008
Iowa
Our current rotation is Ponyo, Totoro (thanks Xero:skeptical:) and Spongebob Legends of Bikini Bottom.

About 10 years ago I babysat my nieces everyday and they had the VHS of "Bring It On" and played it non-stop. To this day I cant get "Brr, it's cold in here, there must be some Toro's in the atmosphere" out of my head......10 fracking years, lol!

sbattisti

PF Fanatic
Jun 14, 2010
ElliottCarasDad said:
Our current rotation is Ponyo, Totoro (thanks Xero:skeptical:) and Spongebob Legends of Bikini Bottom.
That's not a half-bad rotation!

Totoro is like, the best movie ever! :D

Xero

PF Deity
Mar 20, 2008
PA
ElliottCarasDad said:
lol!!

:takeabow:

I just love the part where he roars his name "TO! TO! ROOOOOOOOOO!" lol

yunihara

PF Enthusiast
Nov 22, 2010
Nebraska
I love Totoro.. Its a movie from my own childhood, and my kids love it! I feel lucky, though, because my kids do not like spongebob lol

Xero

PF Deity
Mar 20, 2008
PA
LOL they are just cartoons, kid movies that originated in Japan that were eventually redone in English for America. :) Totoro is like, from the 80s lol. Ponyo is fairly new. Both created by the same guy. They're really cute, but a little different, and I suppose they're technically foreign movies so they might not be well known. They are both REALLY cute though!

Ponyo:

My Neighbor Totoro:

Xero

PF Deity
Mar 20, 2008
PA
Totoro was hard for me to find, but Ponyo is all over the place, and on Netflix. :) There are two versions of Totoro, both the same movie but for some reason they found the need to redo it with different voices. Dakota Fanning is in the most recent one. Both of them are really fine lol.

yunihara

PF Enthusiast
Nov 22, 2010
Nebraska
I love Ponyo as well, but I think both movies are definitely worth the watch. Miyazaki (the director) makes a lot of wonderful movies (though not all are kid friendly). I've never seen Totoro in English, is the dub good?