Parental Creed...

Shiroi Tora

PF Enthusiast
Aug 4, 2011
<CENTER>

THE PARENTAL CREED

I give you, my sweet child...
Love, Affection, and Positive Reinforcement so you may love learning, and so, life...and all that it may bring.

You fear nothing...as you know I am always here for you.

I am your guardian...I shall make your world safe from negative influences...whatever they may be...
so you may see the world through the eyes of a child...full of love, hope, and wonder.

I am your guide...I shall find the most efficient, and so, effective path up the mountain...
so you may avoid the pitfalls...and so...enjoy the journey.

I am your Teacher...I shall give you the tools necessary to excel in any endeavor...
so that all the doors of opportunity are open for your choosing.

I am your Parent...I lead by example...
so you may also learn to be a good parent to your children.

Shiroi Tora
</CENTER>

msclvr12

Banned
Sep 23, 2011
Hi Everyone! I work for a company called Pop Market that sells entire collections of musical work. They have all different genres of music one of them being R&amp;B/Soul with artists like Sam Cooke. The collections make perfect gifts or are an excellent way to build a music collection. They have discounted prices due to the collection oriented set up of their products. I highly suggest you all check the collections out!

Shiroi Tora

PF Enthusiast
Aug 4, 2011
I am at a loss how the post could be a sales or marketing pitch...as I have nothing to sell.

It fully applies to this...the Parenting forum. By giving a positive way of looking at something...fundamental and subsequent actions may be changed for the better.

I have run in to laissez-faire attitudes from parents with whom I have discussed parenting issues where I used to work. I was astounded. To have a parent who focuses on himself over his child saddens me...as I know the child will suffer for it.

Upon what evidence do you base your claim? There is not even the slightest logical perch from which to commit the great leap that you had.

Yes...this is a Parenting Forum...while my post is extremely relevant to this forum...it was your comment that does not apply here. Your reply is only appropriate for those who engage in spamming.

Shiroi Tora

PF Enthusiast
Aug 4, 2011
To GavinH...I am sorry.

To bssage...how can a post be deleted and not the reply? It creates confusion to all who were not privy to the offending post.

Is there a way to remedy this? Is GavinH's post...and come to think of it...all the replies...since they all refer to a non existent reply...may they be expunged?

Xero

PF Deity
Mar 20, 2008
PA
Shiroi Tora - The person who replied to the spammer specifically referred to them by their username "msclvr12" - that should have eliminated any confusion.

GavinH - It is a good idea to just press the report button rather than try to reprimand a spammer yourself. Don't worry, we'll get them, and chances are you're not hurting their feelings any haha. ;)

Shiroi Tora

PF Enthusiast
Aug 4, 2011
So he did...that I had missed. Again...GavinH...I am sorry.

However, since I had so easily missed it...maybe others had also.

I say leave the offending post or reply up devoid of content and replaced with a deleted due to spamming. It would completely eliminate confusion as chronological order unless quoted from another reply usually dictates to whom they were speaking.

Shiroi Tora

PF Enthusiast
Aug 4, 2011
Kali said:
Shiroi Tora, I really enjoyed that parental creed! Very well done!
Thank you Kali. It is a simple way of thinking that were it to be taken to heart and lived by all parents...children would be able to reach their potential.

Xero

PF Deity
Mar 20, 2008
PA
There is a certain system for mods to follow reguarding spammers that we have been using for a long time, but thanks for the suggestions. We're not really looking to change right now.

parentastic

PF Fiend
Jul 22, 2011
Canada
&lt;r&gt;Here is another parental creed, that I use frequently in my workshop.&lt;br/&gt;
I give one copy to every parent that take my workshop:&lt;br/&gt;

&lt;QUOTE&gt;&lt;s&gt;
&lt;/s&gt;
&lt;B&gt;&lt;s&gt;&lt;/s&gt;&lt;B&gt;&lt;s&gt;&lt;/s&gt;A Credo for My Relationships with Others&lt;e&gt;&lt;/e&gt;&lt;/B&gt;&lt;e&gt;&lt;/e&gt;&lt;/B&gt;&lt;br/&gt;
&lt;br/&gt;
You and I are in a relationship which I value and want to keep. We are also two separate persons with our own individual values and needs.&lt;br/&gt;
&lt;br/&gt;
&lt;br/&gt;
So that we will better know and understand what each of us values and needs, let us always be open and honest in our communication.&lt;br/&gt;
&lt;br/&gt;
&lt;br/&gt;
When you are experiencing a problem in your life, I will try to listen with genuine acceptance and understanding in order to help you find your own solutions rather than imposing mine. And I want you to be a listener for me when I need to find solutions to my problems.&lt;br/&gt;
&lt;br/&gt;
&lt;br/&gt;
At those times when your behavior interferes with what I must do to get my own needs met, I will tell you openly and honestly how your behavior affects me, trusting that you respect my needs and feelings enough to try to change the behavior that is unacceptable to me. Also, whenever some behavior of mine is unacceptable to you, I hope you will tell me openly and honestly so I can try to change my behavior.&lt;br/&gt;
&lt;br/&gt;
&lt;br/&gt;
And when we experience conflicts in our relationship, let us agree to resolve each conflict without either of us resorting to the use of power to win at the expense of the other’s losing. I respect your needs, but I also must respect my own. So let us always strive to search for a solution that will be acceptable to both of us. Your needs will be met, and so will mine–neither will lose, both will win.&lt;br/&gt;
&lt;br/&gt;
&lt;br/&gt;
In this way, you can continue to develop as a person through satisfying your needs, and so can I. Thus, ours can be a healthy relationship in which both of us can strive to become what we are capable of being. And we can continue to relate to each other with mutual respect, love and peace.&lt;br/&gt;
&lt;br/&gt;
&lt;br/&gt;
Dr. Thomas Gordon&lt;e&gt;
&lt;/e&gt;&lt;/QUOTE&gt;&lt;/r&gt;