Passed a level...

Antoinette

PF Addict
Mar 2, 2010
Australia
Every year the school does swimming lessons (and always seem to do it in winter which is frustrating) the lessons are now complete and Felix passed so he is now in stage 3 which I am very proud of. All of the private swimming lessons have paid off :) he is very confidant in the water and now child with the highest completed swimming level in his class :) this was just a bit if proud parent bragging but I'm very happy :D

cybele

PF Addict
Feb 27, 2012
Australia
Congratulations Felix!

And I want to know why school swimming is always scheduled in winter too. My older kid's high school does them in term 1 and it makes so much more sense.

Antoinette

PF Addict
Mar 2, 2010
Australia
I know. They march a bunch of 6 year olds through the rain to the swimming pool where they have to try to concentrate while cold and shivering and then when they finish and they are freezing and all have wet hair etc. they take them back to school (before lunch time) and they still have half a school day to deal with. It's crazy. If they did it in summer I'm sure it would be much more enjoyable for the children involved.

mom2many

Super Moderator
Jul 3, 2008
melba, Idaho
Haha my kids learned to swim by just being in the water, but mine are some kinda freak fish/human hybrids :)

Congrat's to him!

Antoinette

PF Addict
Mar 2, 2010
Australia
Haha yeah I live in a costal town so my kids have been in water since birth.

Because we live on the coast though the kids need some formal training. Especially as they get older. To teach them how to react if they get caught in a rip or something

akmom

PF Fiend
May 22, 2012
United States
We only have indoor pools here, but they schedule all the lessons mid-day so only homeschoolers can go. Some parents pull their kids out early for the late lesson, but schools hate that. So my kids only get lessons in the summer. It's such a pain!