peeing through diapers at night...

Lissa

PF Visionary
Sep 12, 2007
Any suggestions as to how I can stop the nighttime leaks? Oliver was just soaked this morning, as usual. I started cutting off all drinks 30 minutes before bedtime. Should I cut them off an hour before bedtime?

Kaytee

PF Deity
Apr 9, 2007
Texas
I never had this problem, but here are things I have been told herlp

1. buy a size larger at night then during the day
2. they make insert (maxi pads basically) that you can put inside the diaper at night. I believe Babies r us sells them
3. Huggies Overnights are suppose to be good
4. some people will by cloth diaper inserts (on line) and put them inside the night time diaper as well.

Lissa

PF Visionary
Sep 12, 2007
meow_173 said:
What size of diapers is he in? Because any time that luke gets soaked like that, it means to go up a size!
He's in a size 3 Luvs. Maybe he does need a bigger diaper.

Kaytee

PF Deity
Apr 9, 2007
Texas
Nichole is a pound lighter then Oliver and she wears a 3, but she could go to a 4 as well. Some parents will even put a 5 on at that size, just at night

Lissa

PF Visionary
Sep 12, 2007
I just checked the Luvs website and size 4 is for 22 lbs and up. You're probably right then that I have to go up a size.

jrrsmom

PF Fiend
Nov 10, 2007
Jordyn is 13 months and she's been in a size 4 Pampers for awhile now. I'm thinking after this box we are going to go up a size. She started leaking through this weekend.

Kaytee

PF Deity
Apr 9, 2007
Texas
wow I am just in shock how big your children our. Goodness what do you feed them lol? Or maybe I should stop starving mine

Lissa

PF Visionary
Sep 12, 2007
Kaytee said:
wow I am just in shock how big your children our. Goodness what do you feed them lol? Or maybe I should stop starving mine
You just have a little peanut. :p

Lissa

PF Visionary
Sep 12, 2007
He was soaked last night. lol But I haven't switched diapers yet. I want to use up all the 3's first.

Mindy

PF Addict
Feb 20, 2008
QC, Canada
Yeah my goddaughter would be soaked every morning if we used regular diapers at night... it's huggies overnights at night, and everything's good :)

Xero

PF Deity
Mar 20, 2008
PA
Lol you guys think your babies are big? Eli is 7 months old and weighs 21lbs. Wears size four diapers. He's 27" long too I think. He doesn't eat more than he should, according to his pediatrician. Anyway he'll soak through any diaper at night for some reason, so I got the Huggies Overnights, they work AMAZINGLY every time, never had a soak through since. They're expensive, but if you think about it as one pack lasts about 2 months since you only use one every night, the price is worth it. I love them, it really saves me a lot of trouble. During the day he wears Luvs. Cheap, cute, effective, and smell good. :D lol.

Ari2

PF Fiend
Jan 7, 2008
My son did this all the time until we put him in size 5 overnight diapers. That was many months ago (and he's only 18 months now!), and he hasn't leaked since then.

Kaytee

PF Deity
Apr 9, 2007
Texas
Xero said:
Lol you guys think your babies are big? Eli is 7 months old and weighs 21lbs. Wears size four diapers. He's 27" long too I think. He doesn't eat more than he should, according to his pediatrician. Anyway he'll soak through any diaper at night for some reason, so I got the Huggies Overnights, they work AMAZINGLY every time, never had a soak through since. They're expensive, but if you think about it as one pack lasts about 2 months since you only use one every night, the price is worth it. I love them, it really saves me a lot of trouble. During the day he wears Luvs. Cheap, cute, effective, and smell good. :D lol.
wow, Nichole still has height on him though!! lol

Xero

PF Deity
Mar 20, 2008
PA
Kaytee said:
wow, Nichole still has height on him though!! lol
Lol yeah he's a pudge. He wears like size 12months in clothes. :p I guess his dad was a big baby too. He didn't get it from me, I was a little thing.