photography...

1dayatatime

PF Addict
Oct 3, 2007
AZ
Jtee do people react at all to you taking their picture in an elevator? That would creep me out for a stranger to take my picture in an elevator.

jtee

Banned
Jun 24, 2007
1dayatatime said:
Jtee do people react at all to you taking their picture in an elevator? That would creep me out for a stranger to take my picture in an elevator.

Nobody in that elevator was offended by having their picture taken. As a matter fact, I had taken many pictures of all them that day before and after we were in the glass elevator.

1dayatatime

PF Addict
Oct 3, 2007
AZ
Just a personal observation... not saying your creepy. Well more than I already have. Just kidding. Is your camera always with you?

jtee

Banned
Jun 24, 2007
Lissa said:
Great pics jtee. I like the last one with all the heads.
Thanks Lissa! It is kind of reminds me of all the people I have murdered in glass elevators over the years; they're all stalking me every where I go. ;)

Lissa

PF Visionary
Sep 12, 2007
I partly finished my dining room photography project today. What do you think? Sorry about the reflections.

jtee

Banned
Jun 24, 2007
Those are really fun pictures of Oliver, Lissa. I like how you staggered the pictures.

Are those Voodoo dolls in the kitchen? ;)

Barbi.doll

PF Regular
Apr 4, 2008
Greater Toronto Area, Ontario
Lissa said:
A piece of crap Canon PowerShot 7.0 mp. It's a good camera. I just want something faster.
Lissa, I only read as far as this post in the thread, so pardon me if somewhere along the lines the information would have been available to me, but how well do you know your Canon Powershot?

I've been into photography for 12 years, not majorly, but did work in a photolab for 4 years, do understand a lot and have a had a 35mm camera since I was 6 years old. My first SLR was at 16. The 35mm I bought back in 2000/01 was stolen from my car in 2005 and I've since had no choice but to learn to use digital. We used some reward points from one of our cards (stepmother and I) to get a Canon Powershot 95 (I think it's 95), and after learning how to control thing like shutter speed, exposure, the focus controls, etc. I've found that I can produce very similar shots as I was able to with the 35mm...which I obviously had more experience, working knowledge and skill with.

If you find your camera "slow" as you mentioned, I might be able to help you speed up the shots by changing some settings. Some of these little "tricks" I've found using the Canon are not really things that jump out and say "THIS WILL FIX THIS PROBLEM". I thought the same thing about digital in the beginning as well....slow and not as controllable as my 35mm when it comes to capturing the moment, but since have learned otherwise.

Again, my apologies if your experience and knowledge of your camera is revealed further on into this thread, but if you want some help, I'd be more than willing to share what I know!

Oh, and you and Jtee are referring to many shots that you've posted in this thread, but how come I can't see any of them? I can see jtee's shots, but not yours!

jtee

Banned
Jun 24, 2007
Barbi.doll said:
Oh, and you and Jtee are referring to many shots that you've posted in this thread, but how come I can't see any of them? I can see jtee's shots, but not yours!
Barbi, Lissa removed several of her pictures.